Zebra?

ManofKent

32 minutes ago, Steph said:

White base and black ribbons says Zebra to me.

Unless they're not Pelt at all.  Are you sure you see a Pelt structure?

The big question is do I know what Pelt structure is? :)

White opaque glass and a single seam that you can't feel with your nail apart from a very short section (maybe 1/6th of the diameter). You can however see where the ribbon 'jumps' as it crosses where the 'seam' would be if you could feel it. One marble is a tad over 5/8th one a tad under - similar variation to rainbos. Is there anything else I should be looking for?

Thanks

Shell, I'm not sure about Zebra on yours.  Looks like blue base with white ribbons.  I don't know what name that would be though, so maybe I'm being too rigid to require the base to be white.  Maybe others have decided to include it in the Zebra umbrella and I missed it!

Richard, the Pelt seams can be tricky to find when the thing is swirly. And the ribbons can be hard to count.  But somewhere in there there need to be four (or six) separate ribbons.  

The other possibility is that it's an Alley with basically one ribbon that might occasionally be broken up by dipping into the base.  

8 hours ago, Steph said:

Richard, the Pelt seams can be tricky to find when the thing is swirly. And the ribbons can be hard to count.  But somewhere in there there need to be four (or six) separate ribbons.  

The other possibility is that it's an Alley with basically one ribbon that might occasionally be broken up by dipping into the base.  

The ribbon doesn't look like it dips. One has a a vague corkscrew like pattern but made up of short separate ribbons (not sure whether it's four of five (one could just be a tail of the other).The other is more of a highly distorted baseball stitch, again made up of separate ribbons that meet and it looks like it's six.

7 hours ago, JerryG said:

Richard.. I think do think it's one of the early Peltier swirls (pre-National Line Rainbo). Are you finding any aventurine?

No obvious green of aventurine but there's a slight glitter to some of the black particularly along the ribbon edges.

9 hours ago, ManofKent said:

No obvious green of aventurine but there's a slight glitter to some of the black particularly along the ribbon edges.

Aventurine isn't always green. Peltier's early black ribbons will occasionally show bright sparkles running  through them.

1 hour ago, JerryG said:

Aventurine isn't always green. Peltier's early black ribbons will occasionally show bright sparkles running  through them.

Yes slight bright sparkles in places under an oblique light - not many of them but they are there.