French Sparklers??

So these were described as "French Sparklers". Obviously a Cats Eye type. Base glass is very clear. A search on the internet turns up nothing but further ebay auctions. Comments?

FrenchSparklers.jpg

Jerry - unusual angle but yes they're probably French Sparklers. There are some examples in this thread including a box clearly labelled 'Made in France': 

Some books still list them as German made, along with anything else made in Europe but they're almost certainly French and from the mid-20th Century. I suspect cheap Asian production killed them off. I've been unsuccessfully trying to find out where in France they were made.

They frequently show cold-roll marks or orange-peel and the amount of coloured stands varies a lot but the typical form is a transparent marble with threads of colour in half the marble.

french.jpgFrenchm.jpg

If fine strands encompass the whole of the marble rather than half then they're sometimes termed 'Wispers' - these are probably 'borderline' some are very fine.

marbles2.jpg

I really like them  - common on ebay.fr and easily found in the UK. 

15 hours ago, ManofKent said:

Jerry - unusual angle but yes they're probably French Sparklers. There are some examples in this thread including a box clearly labelled 'Made in France': 

Some books still list them as German made, along with anything else made in Europe but they're almost certainly French and from the mid-20th Century. I suspect cheap Asian production killed them off. I've been unsuccessfully trying to find out where in France they were made.

They frequently show cold-roll marks or orange-peel and the amount of coloured stands varies a lot but the typical form is a transparent marble with threads of colour in half the marble.

Thanks Richard. Both cold-roll or orange-peel on the both I have. Interesting. First ones I've seen.