Modern printed character marbles

Unless you've been living under a rock without any access to the media you've probably noticed interest in a fairly new smartphone game... I noticed one of the local 'collectables' shops was trying to shift old stock off the Pokemon marbles presumably on the basis of renewed interest and wondered whether anyone here collected contemporary printed marbles?

I remember someone with an impressive collection of modern logo marbles.  I think maybe it was Duffy?  

Your shop was selling Pokemon marbles?  ... I think we have one Pokemon marble ... but we can't remember whether I should be able to find it in my marble stuff, or whether it would be in hubby's Pokemon stuff.  

Al -probably wise to stop at two. Looking at what was produced collecting the lot could be expensive.

As an aside I've noticed a lot of character marbles (not just Pokemon) on ebay's French and German sites - character marbles seems very popular on the continent.

Thanks for the info.  I don't plan on collecting more of those.  By the way, if you did not know this, Jabo used to produce licensed logo marbles in packages (samples below) but they could not sell the volume required under the licenses so stopped after a while.  I think they are pretty collectible.

Jabo Pkg - Dennis The Menace Vol 1 (6) - Side 1 - Al - V4.JPG

Jabo Pkg - Garfield Vol One - Faces 2 (No#) (6) - Side 1 - Al - V7.JPG

Jabo Pkg - Betty Boop Vol 2 (3) (Motorcycles) - Side 1 - Al - V4.JPG

I really like that Coke marble!
Never seen one quite that 'abstract'.  Those that I've
had have always had a more straightforward simple design.
And I'm not sure that Coca-Cola would be especially
approving of those rather 'Pepsi-ish' colors!  ( :

On 8/7/2016 at 10:52 PM, Steph said:

The Coke intrigues me.  Is that an older marble?

I think it is older,i have had it for 8 years.Couple more I have 🙂  Yep Coke marble with Pepsi colors 💥SS855625.JPGbb1.JPG

Edited by Digswithstick
Added comments