Nice Early Purple Transitionals

orbboy

H.P Gibson was a games producer who made/make lots of solitaire sets. They started with handmades, then moved on to the fine Transitionals and Clays. Then they moved to the cruddier Transitionals, and finally on to Wirepulls. From what I have seen the early boxes were red, mid boxes can be either blue or black. They may have come in other colours but I have not seen any. A quick ebay search should turn up some sets of assorted types. They were quite prolific. A good way to tell a Gibson set if it is not marked is they called their sets "International Series" Generally they are marked on the inner top of the box either printed or on a printed paper. Sometimes the paper inserts are missing hence knowing the "International Series" is helpful. Here is a link to the now Gibson website

http://gibsonsgames.co.uk/

Yes J_Ding your mib does look like it would be one that was found on a Gibson set

• 1 month later...

I would think it would be. Nice marble.

You would need 32 more Steph lol. On top of that not all of them form nice 9,s and can be pretty sloppy.  Then they have to be of the same quality, and not the cheaper later ones. Could take awhile.