My collection...

I spread these out and hubby says... "Sheesh!! Overwhelming!! Just save your favorite 15 and then find a collector!"

But HONESTLY... how would you choose? Each ordinary one is special... and every special one (rear of the photo) is super special. And how the heck do you even find the time to assign value???? 

FullSizeRender-5.jpg

On 10/15/2016 at 4:32 PM, Steph said:

If I remember correctly, a lot of your marbles came together as an inheritance. Is that right?  ... some nice ones which deserve to stay together. :)  

ALL of the marbles are inherited... there are two "modern" marbles in the front that aren't old but still came via my parents. The rest are from my grandparents / great-grandparents estate. I am starting to call all of this The Williams Collection.

Cool.  This is just my two cents, but I think it would be great to keep them together or, keep better examples of all the types together as Steph suggests.  I think there is information there about time and the circulation of things.  I started with my Father's marbles, just north of 400, all from mid 1930's that turned up in a corner of the attic that nobody new of....good material too. I've kept them apart from the rest, and I'm glad I did. 

On 10/16/2016 at 8:13 PM, Steph said:

:thup:  We had two cool collections recently from grandparents.  I thought yours was one of them.  They don't happen that often.   

Only 15 marbles?  

Blasphemy!

I know, I know. I don't know I could even choose. Because I even love the big bags of "reds" and "blues" and "browns." Heck, even the bag of "broken and damaged" have some interesting things. 

I guess I will just enjoy my first winter in the PNW playing with, and losing my, MARBLES!!!!!! HAHAHA.

One cool thing to do is photograph them in snow.... hahahahahah.