Ekim Group 2

Steph

The big red and white one and the big green and white one are Marble King Rainbows from the 50's or 60's.  Those would be American marbles.

The big white with red and blue ribbons might be a newer Asian marble.  Not sure.

Asian is also my current guess for the big dark-colored one.  

The clear with red is a cat's eye, as are most of the smaller ones.

Ekim_003_sm_b.jpg

With this group of non-cat's-eyes, I think the first (on the left) could be a Vitro Conqueror from the 1940's.  

The 2nd  ... well, I'm not sure.  Maybe also Vitro.

The 3rd ... white and yellow ... maybe a simple patch ... could be oldish.

The 4th ... I'm leaning modern and Asian.

Standard disclaimer: More views could change my mind.

This last one is a Vitro cage style Cat's Eye.  Could be from the 60's through the 80's.  If you keep marble hunting, you'll find it's a very common style.

A few dollars for the whole group?  Or few dollars for an individual?  I might pay a few dollars to get the big Marble King Rainbows.  

Wait for a second opinion.  

With your new pix, I confidently say Vitro Tri Lite on the left.  A 1930's marble.  Still not sure on the right, but it does look vintage.  You showed a lot of the white and not so much the yellow.  I think it might turn out to be a Peltier patch.  

Ekim_005a.jpg

Ekim_005b.jpg

Ekim_005c.jpg

Ekim_005d.jpg

Machine-made.

The marble-rounding machine which revolutionized the American marble industry was invented around 1900.  

At that time, marbles were still "hand-gathered".   Which meant that globs of molten glass were picked up on a piece of metal and manually dropped onto the mechanical marble rollers for rounding. 

In the 1920's the molten-glob-producing process was automated.  That's when the "gob feeder" was introduced to the process and marbles became entirely machine made.