More ID Help

dhrnrcpa

Hoping not to be too much trouble, but I came across 35-40 marbles that appear to be fairly aged in an estate sale.  I am still trying to figure identification out, but I will try to limit myself to a couple of marbles at a time and only one post or so a day.  That being said, here are 2 with which I need some help.

20180318_160200.jpg

20180318_160148.jpg

20180318_160135.jpg

The left marbles is a Peltier Peerless Patch.  From about 1930.

I'm getting a general West Virginia swirl feel from the marble on the right.  Also vintage, but maybe not quite as old as the Pelt.  

Age does not make them valuable. Condition is more important than age,  A 1930 or 1940 desirable mint range marble that may be $500. With a chip that can be seen with the naked eye can drop that marble to $100.00 or $50.00. Most long time collectors will pass it completely. There were billions of many common ones made. Some reasons the more rare mint condition ones are so much more valuable.  For years I have seen so many people buy a quart jar of marbles which contain $5.00 or $10.00 worth for all. For years I have also heard them all say," but those are old marbles". They are worth hundreds of dollars. Then they learn the truth. Plus most times they find one or a few newer ones in the group. I have been told many times, it has been untouched or unopened for the last 50 years. Then I see a marble that I watched made in 2003. It is a wasted effort to inform them different.  I hear "you just want to buy them cheap". Then I reply, no I don't want to buy them for $1.00, have a nice day. 

11 hours ago, wvrons said:

Age does not make them valuable. Condition is more important than age,  A 1930 or 1940 desirable mint range marble that may be $500. With a chip that can be seen with the naked eye can drop that marble to $100.00 or $50.00. Most long time collectors will pass it completely. There were billions of many common ones made. Some reasons the more rare mint condition ones are so much more valuable.  For years I have seen so many people buy a quart jar of marbles which contain $5.00 or $10.00 worth for all. For years I have also heard them all say," but those are old marbles". They are worth hundreds of dollars. Then they learn the truth. Plus most times they find one or a few newer ones in the group. I have been told many times, it has been untouched or unopened for the last 50 years. Then I see a marble that I watched made in 2003. It is a wasted effort to inform them different.  I hear "you just want to buy them cheap". Then I reply, no I don't want to buy them for $1.00, have a nice day. 

I guess I could have added that I did not specifically buy these looking to turn a profit, they were in a box with some Elvis records that I bought.  Just hated to leave money on the table if any of them have any value.