Vitro Whitie?

Marbleized

Hi Everyone,  Wondering if this is a Vitro Whitie.  The marble base is clear on the inside.  The ribbon is a translucent mauve like translucent brownish purple that has a watered down look when lit.  The entire marble actually looks translucent when lit.  The size is 0.60". Unusual for what I currently have.  I would appreciate any replies on this. Thank you! 

IMG_3880.jpg

IMG_3881.jpg

IMG_3882.jpg

IMG_3884.jpg

Short, fudged answer: yes!

It is sometimes called a Transparent Whitie.   It is probably in the Tiger Eye family but looks like a Whitie so that's what my Vitro guru called it.  And he told me that they were often found in the cellophane tubes such as those which came as prizes at the bottom of cereal boxes.  

Yes Vitro Whitie. There are two types,  the older ones are opaque white base, the later ones are clear base. Vitro packaged both types in bags marked Whities.  Vitro named these and considered them Whites. Many Vitro marbles can fall into the construction style like the Vitro Tiger Eyes. The Tiger Eyes fall into four main groups of different base and different colored ribbon placements. Type one, type two, type three and type four Tiger Eyes. There are a few rare odd ones that do not fit 1-2-3 or 4 exactly.  The opaque older Whities are much better quality glass and better quality colors.   Like most marbles, older is usually better quality overall. 

DSC02173 (1).JPG

DSC02175.JPG

DSC02177.JPG

DSC02178.JPG