looking for a name...

No one has come up with an answer to my ID questions (look in the ID forum) as yet.  Maybe a more specific question will elicit an answer:  exactly what is a CAC "submarine"?  I'm pretty sure that's what I'd call this one, but I think the term is often applied to striped transparents.  

IMG-0320.jpg

IMG-0321.jpg

I'm sure it's CAC, but would it be a "submarine"?  Someday after I shuffle off this earthly coil, my son may want to sell some of these, so it would be really great if he knew what to call them.  Most have accepted nicknames, but submarine is one that is sometimes confusing.  I've seen plain old CA slags called a submarine.  That's my question and dilemma.

Andrea, if that marble is definitely a CAC it may be classified as a fancy lace family. Laces are patch type filaments on surface of transparent base running between cutlines. I have seen white or other colors on colored transparent base glass. Blue lace is the most known example.

Hi Sami:  Are you taking good care of "my" Blue Bee?  I don't see any filaments at all on or in this marble but I see that the construction is very similar to a Blue Lace.  Somehow I can't bring myself to call it an Orange Lace though!  On another topic, are there any more copies of your Peltier book available for purchase? 

Hi Andrea, yes your Blue Bee is doing very well in the family. Has a cozy spot. I still have few copies left. Will send a pm.

Edit: tried to sent a pm but got a message that you can’t receive messages. Send me your mailing address so I’ll send you a copy of the book.

Best

Sami

I would have no problem with this marble being labeled a CAC submarine. if definitely CAC ?  It would be on the lower value of most CAC submarine marbles. They are transparent base, some or many also have colors on the inside. I think they can be a patch ribbon style or swirl style. Most are colored transparent base. Submarine name has always been confusing with different opinions. Even the Peltier submarine is confusing for many. Some collectors want a submarine to be transparent blue base. I stay more away from the submarine label. Adding submarine name should not increase the value. The marble is what it is and any buyer should decide for their own self what they want to label it. I would call or label many of the named or called CAC Exotics as submarine type. If clear base CAC with action on the inside then you get into cyclones, tornadoes, etc. More confusing labels with not many set definitions or requirements.  As you have seen it is hard to get people to pin down a definite definition or requirements. Other WV swirls in other colors also look similar to the one above. But they are never labeled as submarine.

Alley Mountain Dew similar construction and Alley exotic corals are similar construction. Plus others.  DSC01558.JPG.e7ad3255846c8cb5360e4be0e8849377.JPGDSC04916.JPG.cd2d196deb365570ccc16182d3d1cfb2.JPGDSC04922.JPG.6c9c68e26cd395ddf880605865fd2637.JPG