New Cat's Eye Book!

Steph

Elizabeth Kempski has a newly published  book called The World of Cat's Eye Marbles.  Cost is $19.95 plus shipping.

If you'd like to get one sooner rather than later, she has posted information in the cat's eye group on Facebook: 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/880443685378420/

For those who don't use Facebook, they will be going on sale on eBay in two weeks.  Seller name: pinx43

Elizabeth's statement about the book:

The book measures 8 1/2 by 11” and is 80 pages in length with over 150 photos. I did quite a bit of research on foreign marbles that I think will be of interest to even non-cat’s eye collectors, including an interview with the chairman of Matsuno Industries, the makers of the Camel brand Japanese marbles. For the U.S. companies, Mike Johnson, a co-author of American Machine-Made Marbles, generously shared source material on cat’s eyes that did not make it into their book. For newbies who want help with identification, I developed a chart of characteristics for each of the most common types of cat’s eyes that will serve as a quick reference. For hard core history buffs, there is also an Appendix with a timeline of Asian production from the 1940s through the 1980s. This is based on my research plus my experience in the 1980s working for a U.S. company importing sporting goods from Asia, including visits to factories there. In short, I think the book has something for every level of collector.

• 4 weeks later...