I'm a newbie seeking HELP!

Craig H. Miller

Hello everyone Im looking forward to learning about my marble collection I just purchased at an auction.  I thought identifying the maker and a value would be easy and I have been humbled  and confused. with that being said Im going to post these three groups of marbles. and then going to take some individual pictures and work my way through theIse  and learn. I believe I have 30 shooters and 200 5/8 mar bles.  Thank you in advance for any help.  I'm looking forward to meeting some new friends. I live in Las Vegas

I will do individuals and post the sizes

20200517_011701.jpg

20200517_011829.jpg

20200517_011904.jpg

20200517_011926.jpg

I see some Vacor from Mexico. I see some older ones, out of round and damaged ones. The last group are game marbles, which every company made. For value, I see very few that would be $1.00 each. I see what a new collector might pay $3.00-$5.00 for all. The game marbles have almost no value. The damaged and bad out of round have almost no value. It is best to learn then buy. Buy and learn can be expensive. Old does not make it valuable. Condition is very important with marbles. If you have 30 shooters before I see any pictures, I will guess most or all are Jabo. 

I'm a newbie too.  But, I'm going to try to identify a couple of mibs.  There are two that look like Peltier patches.  Often these patches have those pops or holes that are from the factory. But, the world of marble collecting is hardly absolute.   If you need some information to get you started, it helps to look at other posts and the gallery on this site.  There are other sides with pictures and info that will help--Marble Alan's Encyclopedia, JoeMarbles.com, Stephen Barr's You Tube videos (excellent source!!), The West Virginia Marble Club, to name a few.  There are also sites specifically for Vitros, Vacors . . . It's mind boggling!  But, I have to say, it does keep the brain working.  Fun, fun, fun!  And, of course, when you can't figure out what something is, everyone on this site are "marbleous"!  Have a wonderful and meaningful Memorial Day!

• 3 weeks later...