How can this happen?

Out of curiosity I got out my box of single colored marbles & used my black light on them. My reds were dark, transparent & filled with small bubbles when held to a regular light, but under the black light patches & ribbons like I find on  Marble King marbles appeared. No matter what light I tried,they just don't show up unless I used black light. So far I haven't seen this with any other marbles. Anyone, any explanation?

transparent reds.jpg

black lite reds.jpg

With the blacklight, I've found a Master-like structure on clearies.  

Sometimes part lighting up and part not could come from it not all being one color of glass.  The blacklight has led me to discover that some which looked like red clearies actually had both yellow and red glass.  

It's fun to maybe get a clue to a maker of a clearie, but mostly I think it's a sign that the makers didn't worry about consistency in their glass just as long as they were getting the basic clearie look that they wanted.

Whatever colorants they mixed into the batch may not have fully mixed.  

Would be interesting to know if MK made their clearies on the same kind of machine which made their Rainbows and if they had glass feeding in from different places to do a basically single color marble.  But I don't know.

What confuses my mind is why can't I see any color changes with my eyes. other than bubbles, all I can see is clear color. It's like magic to me, though a chemist could probably explain it. I got the bottle with these in it with the bottle I had gotten that I wanted- a "2 for one job", & there were solid grn., wh. ,blk., blues, & yellows mixed with various game marbles, marbles I took for Chinese checkers marbles & put them aside. Because I was playing with the black light & going over everything, even my cat, I found the yellow marbles looked solid but glowed with the same ribbon & patch as the reds- the others didn't glow, but had the Marble Kings ribbons with the "U" seams, The colors are blended & similar so they really  didn't show the bands until I focus on them. All this because you said " look at them under black light".