Chad G.

I caught this sturgeon in the mouth of the Columbia river on the Oregon side in an area called tongue point, ( a job corp's youth location )  known for it's strong current and deep water, some holes exceed 100 feet. This fish was caught by me in 35 feet of water on fresh anchovy and a 10, o hook. measured 8.5 feet , we caught several that day bigger and smaller but all oversize, there's a 48 to 52 inch size slot for keeper's and that's it  This was the year before they closed the estuary ( this area) for good.I feel very lucky to have gotten in on some of the last of what I had done all my life.   ( Sorry for the fuzzy pic. folk's my friend Phil took it w/ my camera ) I have other picture's of me and Phil w/ legal size fish before the slot limit I will be posting intermediately just to break the "marnotiny "
Chad's Sturgeon.jpg

This is Phil with me out in the estuary fishing for sturgeon about 10 yrs. ago before they closed it. "The day we caught all the  big over size fish" Doesn't Phil look enthusiastic ??? You can sure tell who's taking the picture's now.

100_0706.JPG

Thought you might like these pic;s Ron !! The big sturgeon isn't mine but I did catch one a little longer in the estuary, just over 12.5 feet, the boat was only 14', the fish pictured was caught near Bonneville dam, you could never hold an estuary fish like they are, the diamond's ( spike's ) on it's back and side's would cut you to ribbon's. The last pic is my baby Brother who passed in 2014. All these where caught in the Columbia river, including the sturgeon

Big Sturg.jpg

deschutes, wells fish.JPG

diblee p springer.PNG

fall aug. 26 2006.PNG

Good Day 005.jpg

tony springer.JPG