Oxblood in a cat's eye ??

Chad G.

7/8th's the light does not pass through the heaviest part of what appear's to be oxblood, a beautiful cat's eye so I held onto it. I know these pic's cast a yellow orange tint but it's the bulb's I have, they suck , and so do these pic's , free hand.

ox cat.PNG

ox cat2.PNG

Yeah i know, i know, only had half a worm and was seeing if I could get a bite, guess I used to big of a hook  ??  In real life the color matches that of oxblood spot on. Of course I don't think they used any type of copper anything when making cat's eyes. Yeah I know, some of my first pic's I took don't look to good. They have gotten better ? I hope.

I know the oxblood will sometime's dive in and out of the glass, I just looked @ that mib again and there's no way it's oxblood, I was just razzin you all. There may be several cat eye's w/ oxblood in them who know's. I've seen just about everything else !!!

19 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

I know the oxblood will sometime's dive in and out of the glass, I just looked @ that mib again and there's no way it's oxblood, I was just razzin you all. There may be several cat eye's w/ oxblood in them who know's. I've seen just about everything else !!!

I'm not a FB guy, but I hear there is a big debate going on re: oxblood cats.

I think I've seen some oxblood in modern marble kings.  Maybe on green vanes?  I have a bad memory for colors.  

I'd guess accidental oxblood could show up on marbles with turquoise vanes ... like it does on so many other marbles with turquoise.