Any comments/thoughts on these? Thanks in advance!

Ellen

Is the first one an error marble? (4 pics) Or just a piece of art glass in the shape of an egg?

We have bought full marble collections from marble collectors, and also picked up at estate sales and garage sales over the past 25 years. We know we have some that are vintage, and some that may be not. They have been combined and grouped by color and style over the years, so that is why you are seeing these trays. 

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

What size is the egg?

If large enough, it could be a darning egg.     Or it could be art glass, as you say.  

The blue and whites are a mixture.   Many appear to be modern marbles -- Vacor.  But some look vintage.    The ones with the brightest white swirls are the ones most likely to be Vacor. 

Looks like a lot of vintage West Virginia swirls in the red and whites. 

Maybe a Master after that.

The greens are a mixture, some patches, some swirls, different makers.   Maybe Akro on the largest one.

I just had a thought;  my avatar is a prefect egg shape, and there are other small eggs that have been shown here from time to time. What if they are not mistakes but purposely made to be darning eggs. are there any marble or glass factory records that show that they made or shipped darning eggs? The reason I have even heard of these is my mom had a few, but they were wood I think. Some were pretty small in order to fit in the pinky finger of a ladies glove. any thoughts Thanks

Bruce