Lifelong Friends & Memories of Good Times

Chad G.

My best & most trusted Friend "Don" passed away in Nov. of 2016. Best bow hunter I ever met. The thing he enjoyed most was being out in GOD'S creation, then came the Bear & the Elk. Nothing wasted, not a trophy hunter, as I remember in earlier years to feed his family. I have a lasting memento of him that brings back a flood of lifelong memories, I mean I went to grade school with the man. One day He was insulating underneath his house and he knew I collected marbles, I was over late that day to ask him how it was going, "Ok" he replied & said he had a surprise for me. He pulled a marble out of his pocket, the simplest of things a 9/16ths white opaque game marble. He put it in my hand and asked if it was worth anything. "Yes" I said, some !! I still have it, probably the lowest monetary value of almost any marble I have but to me it's priceless. I found a little bear trinket holder so packed a lifetime of memories into it, when I look at it all I see is my good friend and Brothers face. I keep many thigs like this all in one place, kinda like a garden, "food for my soul" marbles have brought me so many good friends & good times !!, Was it a good decision ?? The day I decided to collect them ?? Or maybe it was something else I was being led to or looking for ??

DSC03050.JPG

DSC03049.JPG

DSC02928.JPG

DSC03048.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Aww, that tugged at my heartstrings, Chad, it’s so hard to lose a lifelong friend. Just know you always carry a piece of them in your heart and the memories will never die. I too, would value that marble he gave you as priceless.