Flaws or Something Else?

Happy Peltier Tuesday Everyone. So I was looking through some Peltiers that I just got from a jar and figured it might be a good time to ask.

Pic 1 and 2. Seems that this rainbo with the yellow ribbons on the bubbly semi-opaque gray base always look like dirt specks, but under magnification it is actually a reflection thing going on or some silvery color or stuff that is trapped in some of the bubbles. Is this one of those dug experimental things? 

Pic 3. I have a few of these transparent orange ribbons on opaque white that all have this crackly crazing thing going on (only on the orange ribbon). Is it because of the glass combo in the heat or just a weak spot of the orange glass making it crack when being played with?

Pic 3 and 4. This is where all of a sudden I'm questioning what I thought I knew. Are these multi-colored swirls or rainbos with two colors?

Thank you!!!!!!!

9645D344-A2E1-4DEE-8966-6F774181928C.JPG

E24BE302-A88D-4314-8340-3E4A946425AB.JPG

DD3BE240-6A76-4B21-B8AD-F84C498DDF9E.JPG

131592D9-912A-43CA-8DBA-97F52AFD1F3F.JPG

6FC8B17B-E6B2-4AE8-AD7C-2D67189FF213.JPG

16 hours ago, wvrons said:

# 1 For sure no experiment. Incorrect base glass mix or incorrect cooking of the base glass. 

#2 common fracture, which hurts value big. 

#3  MCS

I think there is as much (or more) to learn about marble-making from marbles that experienced some challenge during their manufacture.  They make us look at the glass and appreciate it, see the motion and think about what was going on.  For me - those "flaws" made me more interested in the machines, the pots, the cullet, the sand, chemicals, how the weather can affect color striking, glass compatability, machine component wear.... the list goes on.

Those issues get us out of the constant drone of "What is the name?" and "Is it rare?" and deeper into the history, process and reality of the fact that these were kid's toys made for fractions of a cent.  I see the first photo and start thinking about what was going on in the glass.

• Award 1

10 hours ago, Alan said:

I thing there is as much (or more) to learn about marble-making from marbles that experienced some challenge during their manufacture.  They make us look at the glass and appreciate it, see the motion and think about what was going on.  For me - those "flaws" made me more interested in the machines, the pots, the cullet, the sand, chemicals, how the weather can affect color striking, glass compatability, machine component wear.... the list goes on.

Those issues get us out of the constant drone of "What is the name?" and "Is it rare?" and deeper into the history, process and reality of the fact that these were kid's toys made for fractions of a cent.  I see the first photo and start thinking about what was going on in the glass.

Yes, Alan. You are entirely correct! Thanks for the perspective! I actually like the crackle look on the orange ones. I think there is a technique that glassmakers use to do this on purpose when making vases and stuff. Much appreciated!