Growing in the fun of Marbles...

TravelersMibs

So, what has brought me back into the world of marbles? What brought me into the world of Christensen, Alley, Akro, Peltier, Davis, Jabo, Appalachian Swirls was that I recently had the greatest honor of being the caretaker for 3 amazing young earthlings for over 100 days this spring/summer. 

I wanted to show them that there is so much more than television and tablets, and I remembered that I used to be pretty good at marbles in my single digit years. So, I bought them each their own set of marbles, and I tought them how to play. 

In the process of it all I began to realize that the game of marbles can be used to teach

- respect for others space and property, 

- humility, how to deal w multiple wins and/or losses

- how to deal w/ expectations and disappointments

- focus, via eye to hand coordination 

- patience 

- fairplay

- good sporting conduct 

- accepting loss when a mib, shooter, or boulder chips/breaks 

Now, I am back in the world of Marbles so I can identify and collect each one of those little glass paintings, IMO it's not possible to have ONE single favorite....

Knuckle down, and Shoot Straight As A Kro Flies 

Thanks for reading 20220616_181330.thumb.jpg.83287a6b066947e3fa21bdab9d6f6f66.jpg20220616_181334.thumb.jpg.60a88a5ffaa405a98aed01897a5e752f.jpg20220616_181339.thumb.jpg.435b505a31fb21fc65ad8120a389ba74.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, TravelersMibs said:

So, what has brought me back into the world of marbles? What brought me into the world of Christensen, Alley, Akro, Peltier, Davis, Jabo, Appalachian Swirls was that I recently had the greatest honor of being the caretaker for 3 amazing young earthlings for over 100 days this spring/summer. 

I wanted to show them that there is so much more than television and tablets, and I remembered that I used to be pretty good at marbles in my single digit years. So, I bought them each their own set of marbles, and I tought them how to play. 

Sweetness

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stephenb said:

Hi Travelers!

Very nice words there ! Welcome back to the hobby. I am currently working on a few Kokomo Opalescent videos. I hope to publish the first on within a couple of weeks. 

Rite on @stephenb thanks for reading. I am so glad to be back in the hobby, and I'm excited to learn about this new Kokomo episode.

I really appreciate how you have grown your channel, and I'm always excited for the information that you share. 

(Enter marble emoji)

Grateful for your part in keeping us all informed 

🤝🏽

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TravelersMibs said:

- respect for others space and property, 

- humility, how to deal w multiple wins and/or losses

- how to deal w/ expectations and disappointments

- focus, via eye to hand coordination 

- patience 

- fairplay

- good sporting conduct 

- accepting loss when a mib, shooter, or boulder chips/breaks 

Great stuff that we all try to apply here at the MarbleConnection.

Keep posting and keep coming back!

We all love this stuff.

Marble--On!!

• Like 1