IT'S A COMIN !!

Chad G.

Finally, forecast says after all the smoke clears out in the next couple days we're supposed to get a little rain (maybe) enough to wet the ground but the really good news is no more 90 & 100 deg. plus weather. Transitioning into fall hopefully, a welcome sight after yet another record breaking hot Summer.  I'll take some pix tomorrow while there's still green leaves on the trees, then some more when the fall colors start, it won't be long before everything's grey again. The grass is fried brown except by the local lake, something I never seen as a kid, things they are a changin that's fer sher.

Feeling for you folks out that way...some have the heat, some have the drought, some have the fires and/or smoke. Some have all the above.

The past week, Luckily, we only got as high as the middle 80's. Now the bottom fell out (somewhat) with highs forecasted in the 60's and 70's for the next week. Steam Engine Days was a total washout yesterday as the rain began at or before sunrise and didn't end until late afternoon.

Yep, Fall is in the air for sure. One of the first signs is the cornfields. Some are beginning to brown a little. Slept with some windows open last night and I'm actually sitting in my chair wearing a sweatshirt!

• Like 1