IT'S A COMIN !!

Chad G.

image.png.3e7f8dabd99a2c45663c996b14a8688b.png

Guess we're the last in the States to get any type of heatwave. I know 100 doesn't sound hot to most of you but to me it's boiling. Already have my AC on to get the house cooled down for @ least a couple days, so hopefully after a week of this we'll come out of it    :dunno:   Until then I guess it's time to sweat the load  ??  Really hot in the rest of the country already, stay cool my Friends   :wave2:

We just went through about  a week of max humidity, 70+ for dew points and temperatures in the upper 80's and lower 90's. The week before that was a couple days of mid 90's (or higher), with the above conditions. 

Now we just had a cold front and warm front crash together over the area. Some places in my little corner of the state got 3-5 inches of rain just overnight. Flood warnings now going on for the area as local waterways continue to rise after the storms...

Uno and I just went for a ride around town, couple of huge trees down, 1 of them just a block away! The creek that runs through Mabel is still rising,  so I anticipate the Steam Engine Grounds will be flooding shortly too some extent. Remember, it's just a small town of under 1,000 people, didn't take long to check stuff out!

3-3/4" of rain last night, lost power @1AM. Tornado spotted just south of us and the sirens were blaring.

It was so dry before that the the sump pump has not run--yet.

My rainwater collection system for the garden was depleted--not anymore! I can hold around 900 gallons and it fills up fast with that amount of rain.

23 minutes ago, akroorka said:

3-3/4" of rain last night, lost power @1AM. Tornado spotted just south of us and the sirens were blaring.

It was so dry before that the the sump pump has not run--yet.

My rainwater collection system for the garden was depleted--not anymore! I can hold around 900 gallons and it fills up fast with that amount of rain.

Yeah, that first round of storms Saturday afternoon really intensified after it crossed the Mississippi River into Wisconsin and your neck of the woods over there!

Was that 3+ inches from last night only? Or are you talking both systems combined? That one that roared through here shortly before it got to you dumped a ton. Woke me up before midnight as I was rushing to close upstairs windows. Rain and wind was shooting down my staircase like a hurricane! I had to change shorts afterwards that's how powerful it was!

We went through the worst here in Wisconsin and it feels like the upper west coast right now--really very nice. I have a Corn field in the back of me so it will always be humid, we deal with it--sweat and cool off. The forecast is pretty normal for us right now.
"a low chance of Akro, CAC or Peltier and a high chance of Jabo, MK or Vitro" (Chinese and Mexican are the best forecast in my area)
Collect them all and to heck with the weather!
Marble--On!!

• Haha 1

Only way to beat the scorching heat out here.it was like 110 here in vegas .it was 118 in Havasu. 120 in the middle of the desert on the drive last week..monsoons rolled in so came home til next week then back to the beautiful Colorado river.River.. water temp in the canyon is a cool 75 degrees . Out on the lake in about 84 degrees..

20220403_092422.jpg

20220402_144537.jpg

20220724_193148.jpg

20220724_193321.jpg

20220724_190006.jpg

20220724_194656.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, William said:

What's the current forecast for ya for say the next few days...

@ or near 100 w/ high humidity, guess if not for the high humidity it wouldn't be quite as bad  :dunno: I think my air conditioner started talking to me today about my finances ...  :badgrin:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tommy said:

Only way to beat the scorching heat out here.it was like 110 here in vegas .it was 118 in Havasu. 120 in the middle of the desert on the drive last week..monsoons rolled in so came home til next week then back to the beautiful Colorado river.River.. water temp in the canyon is a cool 75 degrees . Out on the lake in about 84 degrees..

20220403_092422.jpg

20220402_144537.jpg

20220724_193148.jpg

20220724_193321.jpg

20220724_190006.jpg

20220724_194656.jpg

Nice, Tommy....I still haven't made use of my fishing license yet this year, I think I'm good enough to go now. Nice pics 👍

13 hours ago, akroorka said:

We went through the worst here in Wisconsin and it feels like the upper west coast right now--really very nice. I have a Corn field in the back of me so it will always be humid, we deal with it--sweat and cool off. The forecast is pretty normal for us right now.
"a low chance of Akro, CAC or Peltier and a high chance of Jabo, MK or Vitro" (Chinese and Mexican are the best forecast in my area)
Marble--On!!

My whole little town is surrounded by corn! Gets like a sauna when conditions are right. Not missing that 100% humidity and 70+ dew point stuff for sure!

13 hours ago, akroorka said:

Marble--On!!

Speaking about that high chance for Jabo, came across a handful of them yesterday in at the Depot (a second hand store in the area)....Cotton Candy and 2 other varieties I have to look up yet. Wish this type of forecast was as wrong as the real ones more often than not are...

Todays supposed tom be the last 100 plus day for a little while. I for one can't wait, I stayed here for the moderate 65 - 85 degree weather, guess thing they are a changin  ??

image.png.5a4207f229bf5cef1575b4ae13ea8650.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Chad G. said:

100 here tomorrow, today was around 94, usually we're in the mid 70's by now w/ an occasional 80-85, definitely getting hotter in the kitchen no matter were you are !!  image.png.280057f5f0f3b4b6cca47d66664ba254.png

I should check the long range forecast for here...were looking at lower 80's I think for this week but afterwards not sure. Humidity and dew points have been steady on the high side lately. Definitely still summer!

SW Florida, not as beach party as they'll say in summer vacation promotions unless you are at the beach and there's an on-shore breeze. 

Yet not far inland, HOT! It's sunny here alright yet cloudy days are so much better and cheaper on my A/C electric bill and everything else to do with outside.  At a mere 85 degree that sun can burn your hair off, sweat the pig and roast a goose. 

Rainy Season: The most rain I've seen in 12 years. We usually get nice early mornings all year until the sun chases me away with its ray gun. 😉

11 minutes ago, Jeff54 said:

SW Florida, not as beach party as they'll say in summer vacation promotions unless you are at the beach and there's an on-shore breeze. 

Yet not far inland, HOT! It's sunny here alright yet cloudy days are so much better and cheaper on my A/C electric bill and everything else to do with outside.  At a mere 85 degree that sun can burn your hair off, sweat the pig and roast a goose. 

Rainy Season: The most rain I've seen in 12 years. We usually get nice early mornings all year until the sun chases me away with its ray gun. 😉

I was raised and lived in Jacksonville until 93', when I moved to Minnesota. I've made my share of trips south of Orlando in my days there...gotta love those pop up lighting storms and the rain they can suddenly drop on ya!

I went to Florida State in Tallahassee (twice, BA and MA),  taught for a year at UNF (but was lucky enough to find a place to rent in Jacksonville Beach), and also lived in Delray and the Keys (Islamorada) for a while. I feel your pain,Jeff54 . . .:Panic: