CBS Sunday news will be covering Rolley Hole Marbles tomorrow ( 1/15/23)

Making a quick post as I wake up. This morning I got notified that CBS Sunday Morning News will be airing a story on Rolley Hole Marbles on Sunday tomorrow. 

This year they came and filmed for 3 or 4 days and they sure put in a lot of work. That being said, we are a little worried how it will be portrayed and all that. We did expect this to air sometime a little before the Rolley Hole Championship to drum up local interest and attendance, so this sudden notification has surprised us.

Anyways if anyone can catch it, please post what you think. I will likely be working and unable to catch it until later (if I can find a way to watch it). 

A1ACB548-A140-40D4-A509-5915378B6A22.jpeg

B9CFE31C-EB55-4071-B94B-1AE7A58CEBB4.jpeg

• Like 3

Glad I saw it.  

But now I wonder what people in the know thought when they saw it. 

At the end of the segment, the spectators and park employees were saying things like, "I've been here 17 years and I still don't understand how the game is played"?  Cute, but what?   :blink:

6 hours ago, Steph said:

Here you go!   Don't know how long they keep these segments, but for now you can view it at the show's website. 

Rolley Hole, the "Super Bowl of marbles" - CBS News

They have all their shows saved on their CBS YouTube site. I went there yesterday after Chris gave the info.

LINK ::  https://www.youtube.com/@CBSSundayMorning

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steph said:

Glad I saw it.  

But now I wonder what people in the know thought when they saw it. 

At the end of the segment, the spectators and park employees were saying things like, "I've been here 17 years and I still don't understand how the game is played"?  Cute, but what?   :blink:

I picked it up in two days, but still have to ask questions. I’ve had park guests come to programs and get it for the most part in an hour. It’s not that bad. 

• Like 1

I just watched it an meh, there’s some odds and ends I didn’t care for. The starting out about ancient Egypt wasn’t really in line with Rolley Hole. It’s correct when it comes to marbles but I saw it as confusing. 

There was also a few details regarding Bobby Fulcher’s employment at Standing Stone, while also not covering all the amazing things that man has to say. He’s a walking resource of amazing amounts of info. 

Also marble making wasn’t the best in the segment. It made it sound like you just tossed marbles in the river. That’s not right at all. There were special portable rigs for this even. 

• Like 1