I pulled out a Jabo and got a surprise

First of all.... It's been a while since I posted but I have been admiring everyones beautiful pictures for a few weeks lately.

SO.... for my first post I wanted to show a Jabo I RE-discovered yesterday.

After some research, I found a YouTube video of an investor that explained this beautiful Jabo. He called it a "Blue Cobra". It is from the 2008 Jabo 2nd Joker run. In the 2008 run there was a series of marbles called "Blood Vipers" and "Blood Viper's Nest" marble produced that had some beautiful Ox Blood glass.

This Blue Cobra is a clear glass Ox Blood swirl marble that sizes up at about 11/16". The thing I thought was REALLY interesting was that the BLUE in this marble is a result of a "chemical reaction" with the Ox Blood glass. He said there was NO blue glass introduced in this run..... (This is the way the guy in the video, (an investor) put it)......... Hmmmmm..... AND, I hope it shows in the pics...., there is a LOT of lutz (???) (gold..) showing when you hit this guy with a light....FUN!!!!

I am not exactly sure if this marble was a "happy accident" or intentional. (More research coming)...... Maybe y'all know!

I have several of the marbles from the 2008 investor runs down in my storage building. I think I will get them out for a closer look!

Have y'all got any of these COOL Jabos????

Mike

image.thumb.jpeg.7832c154daa0791f9cdaf41fe0c78d61.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9eb7503b73c2f4bae4737e1970840609.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b45edcfd48dc8a72c11e51b342abfc6d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.697593b6936767e5a43f28a67b5ceb39.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Award 1

Here's an old pic of some of my Joker 2's.       I was told that was a blood viper in the middle.    Dark marbles which need sunlight to bring out the color as I recall.  Pretty sure no blue cobra in hiding among whatever others I have, but I'll have fun checking my small lot. 

JaboJoker2_CycloneOxbloodAndSparkle_BloodViper.jpg

• Like 1

It sure looks like your blood viper has a streak of blue (maybe).

The guy's name that posted the YouTube video is BIBLEfreak. His Blue Cobra looks just like the one I posted above.

AND.... he says the blood vipers and vipers nests are from the same run.

SO..... ????

Good luck with your search!!!!

😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mikie_T said:

It sure looks like your blood viper has a streak of blue (maybe).

The guy's name that posted the YouTube video is BIBLEfreak. His Blue Cobra looks just like the one I posted above.

AND.... he says the blood vipers and vipers nests are from the same run.

SO..... ????

Good luck with your search!!!!

😀

BIBLEfreaks store (Matthew Davis)

LINK ::  https://biblefreak.org/Marbles/store/

Is it possible this isn't a Joker 2, or was it like stored + marked separate from your others? Retracted, I can see what your getting at kinda after taking a second look. Biblefreak's examples in the video's on his yt channel just aren't as like..."full" as this one? Maybe it's just stringier though, When I first saw it, I thought it might be something from "Ultra" or maybe even later, like from the 2014  "Joker's Wild".