Toilet Bowl Cleaner

I got a good jar of marbles 20ish years ago at a flea market in Michigan City in Indiana. The Seller told me they were in a coffee can and covered with rust. She rinsed them in toilet bowl clearer. From what I could see they looked good. Lots of Pelts and Akros. Dumped the jar and started sorting. What I found made me cry. It ate up a specific type of glass. This one of my good Bloody Marys🔥

RAR

EAB0C121-5FD9-4E2A-8E4F-15F340BB8DCE.jpeg

12762FE8-EAA2-4145-A7A2-3CB12D98D046.jpeg

FD19DCD1-538A-4A59-BF87-9E3AA3A1A750.jpeg

A6C3F5C7-8C97-4008-B2B9-951C677A96AB.jpeg

Crazy weerd.  

I guess I mighta thought of doing something like that ... if I hadn't heard very early on, on this forum, that some Pelts don't like harsh cleansers.  Mighta learned it from you.  

2 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

Any ideas what the Mohawk patch might be🔥

RAR

1 hour ago, Fire1981 said:

It would have been 3/4-7/8 🔥

RAR

Hard to guess the odds on that.   Better odds of a shooter patch?  Or better odds of a rainbo whose ribbon peeled off?  I guess I"m leaning toward the rainbo. 

Yeah that is weird because, I have been using hydrochloric acid AKA Toilet bowl cleaner on glass since i was a kid playing with household chemicals. Store bought cheap Dollar store bowl cleaner on marbles, various glass bottles, cups, glasses, windows and more for years and years and never harmed the glass.

Maybe they were in it for weeks or months or added more chlorine.?

I agree it is weird. I don't think we have or know the whole story of why these marbles ended up like this. I also have used toilet bowl cleaner and about every household cleaner to clean marbles. some of those cleaners have destroyed stainless steel sinks and other things but not the marbles. Muratic acid will eat out or remove bad glass from a marble. But a good marble will take muratic acid for days. These marbles may have already had problems. Rinsed in Toilet Bowl cleaner should not do this. Maybe if they were not rinsed over long time, months or years. This might happen ?  Was the entire jar like these above ?  What was the specific type of glass that it ate up ?