Wolves in the U.P

Fire1981

We have coyotes, bald eagles, and a resident cougar. With 5 small dogs, we are always aware of these guys. The bald eagles mostly go after fish and ducks. The cougar seems to only take deer, no issues with local pets. The coyotes will take anything, but mostly rabbits, which we have a lot of.

a neighbor has homing pigeons he flies on a regular basis. We were in a neighbors yard when a pigeon came flying by, about 5’ off the ground. A bald eagle was on his tail, almost hit a volley ball net. He was about 5’ away from us, scared the crap out of everyone.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 9:17 PM, schmoozer said:

We have coyotes, bald eagles, and a resident cougar. With 5 small dogs, we are always aware of these guys. The bald eagles mostly go after fish and ducks. The cougar seems to only take deer, no issues with local pets. The coyotes will take anything, but mostly rabbits, which we have a lot of.

a neighbor has homing pigeons he flies on a regular basis. We were in a neighbors yard when a pigeon came flying by, about 5’ off the ground. A bald eagle was on his tail, almost hit a volley ball net. He was about 5’ away from us, scared the crap out of everyone.

:ROFL: ... :ROFL::ROFL:..................................

• 2 months later...

Wow!!!! We have a lot of coyotes and some wolves... I've been out to set lots of traps but never caught anything in action (I don't have cams) this so super cool..  we had a bald eagle close 😕 someone shot it.. it's been sort of an ongoing investigation... I love hawks !!!

3 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

I hate poachers. I was a Park Range and we tracked down 2 of them. It was awesome when we arrested them. No mercy🔥

RAR

Yes agreed no mercy for sure ... This twit shot the eagle and left him for dead right where he shot him it made no sense.... 

Poachers give hunters a horrible name...

We had a guy not local to me but on the state who would outside of deer season see deer and just shoot out of his truck .. he was eventually cought ... I don't understand it 🤷🏻‍♀️ I am half Shoshone so in my culture to kill just to kill is pure evil. 

• 2 weeks later...