Identity help

Rojo

20 minutes ago, Ric said:

They appear to be JABO Classics, 1992-2007.

I figured I might have the starting year off for the big ones. :)  Never was quite sure when those were added to the line-up.   I think I asked once but the answer didn't stick.

On 6/11/2023 at 8:35 AM, Steph said:

Never was quite sure when those were added to the line-up . . .

It's a good point, Steph. I'll have to see if I can figure out when they started running big ones - maybe @Nantucketdink knows. I only started with 1992 because I didn't recognize any of the marbles as being from the few runs in 1991. 🙂

On 6/11/2023 at 8:35 AM, Steph said:

Never was quite sure when those were added to the line-up.

According to the Sturtz and Johnson book (2012), 5/8" marbles were made from 1991-2008; 3/4" marbles were made from 1995-2005, and 1" marbles were made from 1995-2007. Although, "a few experimantal" 3/4" and 1" marbles were made in 1994. Of course, we are talking only about the Classic years here.

This is the best information I could come up with. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Award 1

Thank you very much. I have a mixed marble collection from the past 30 or so years from various estates here in Louisiana. Hard to estimate the count but maybe 30 pounds or so. The marbles in the steel colander I found in an old wood box in a barn that had flooded sometime in the past. They were very dirty so I washed the off with water but are still a little cloudy. I was not sure if there was a proper way to clean marbles so they have lived it the colander for several years. Want to sell them but not sure what is the best route. Please let me know if there is any interest pr what is the best route to sell these. Thank you in advance.  

IMG_0995.JPG

IMG_0996.JPG

IMG_0997.JPG

IMG_0998.JPG

IMG_0999.JPG

IMG_1001.JPG

IMG_1002 2.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

IMG_1004.JPG

IMG_1005.JPG

IMG_1006.JPG

IMG_1007.JPG

IMG_1008.JPG

Classics are some of the hardest to pinpoint a date,  From what I can see you have lots of classics marbles from Jabo. It will take you some time to research a remedy as to what you have my advice would be to start separating marbles that look alike or similar fashion in size if you plan to keep them good luck

You have a mix of marbles from old to much newere. There are certainly some vintage marbles that are older than JABOs. Regardless of what you do, you should understand that the condition of marbles has a very big impact on their value.