For you weather watchers

schmoozer

Has anyone heard of the Hunga Tonga volcano eruption last year?

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/07/23/ryan-maue-on-hunga-tonga-hunga-haapai-submarine-volcano/

Based on the latest analysis, it sent 50 TRILLION gallons of water into the stratosphere. This is above the troposphere, where our weather originates.

the resulting impacts dwarf anything CO2 might be doing. This is Mother Nature, and there’s not a thing humankind can do about it. 

• Wow 1

5 minutes ago, akroorka said:

Man, I sure could use some of that here.

Marble--On!!

All that water in the stratosphere won’t ever reach the ground, will take years to burn off into space.

1 hour ago, Chad G. said:

Yeah, I was watching that on the news last year when it happened, what a trip  :blink:   

I think part of my Brain entered the stratosphere sometime during my latter high school education   :wacko:   ?????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chad G. said:

I think part of my Brain entered the stratosphere sometime during my latter high school education   :wacko:   ?????

Mine was right up there with you😂😂 sometimes it still goes there, unassisted.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Their gonna keep that sea level going up if they have to move the houses closer to the water just to make us think so !!

We visited Westport, WA maybe 10 years ago. The condo we rented had beach erosion almost to the walkway. Everyone was screaming “climate change”. Walking the beach we saw tree trunks buried 10+’ below the surface. Wonder how those got there???🤯🤯🤯 the condos were built on a sand spit, no idea how it ever got approved for construction.

• Haha 1