Collections 🧐🫣

AvvaRae

On 8/5/2023 at 5:59 PM, AvvaRae said:

Lovethe middle lime green one, that must have been super fun!!! 

Indeed, fun and Lime Green is close, It's actually Chartreuse.. At 24" it came from the original owner, her first and only bicycle, made in 1954. Flat old tires and brake didn't work. 

All it needed was to air the tires,  lube the brake, and runs perfectly. Practically can't kill an old Schwinn. Unfortunately, by the mid 1980's and finally 1990s's they're made in China and rust bucket trash. 

The factory type is 'Starlet' as far as anybody knows there are only two 24" Schwinn Chartreuse Starlets that have survived, one is a premium, and the other is standard. This is the standard type and the only one known to exist. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, schmoozer said:

Our biggest dog is around 10lbs, thinking “his” is bigger? We had a 20lb tabby who got tired of the dogs and moved to a neighbors house. Everyone was happy.

we once had 4 cats, “gifted” to us from teenage daughters shortly after they moved out, after 6 months.

one, named Ozzie, was a hunter. You never walked thru the house in the dark for fear of stepping on rat parts. He left a rats head in the dog food bowl one morning. He got torn up on a regular basis, $400 per vet visit. Had to nurse him back locked in my office, with the cone of shame. He finally didn’t come home, figured he outlived his nine lives. We were in the yard maybe 6 months later when he jumped over the fence to say hello. He was wearing a new purple collar. Sat with us for a few minutes then went back over the fence.

All 4 found new homes on their own.

Sweet story about Ozzie. 

"His"  was 12 pounds when we got her at age 3 and then she suddenly ballooned to 19.  Now back down to 17 with a better diet and more activity.   And she is STRONG.   Definitely want her on my side in a fight.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Steph said:

OMG, those giant nutcrackers ... .

Only two ... at this time.      His and hers tabbies.     The little one is mine.  She is a little bigger now, but happily she's still lapsize instead of quarterback size.    

hCjR2jz.png

These are our crazies ... and do your cats do this too 😂😂😂 that sound is like a dinner bell

the one on a leash is our only boy (he is mine ❤️IMG_20230520_175507.thumb.jpg.86ee92398b7c7de9d8fd6815d3c1bb58.jpgIMG_20230808_173818.thumb.jpg.732db8a4b0c935980886515df95fc86d.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AvvaRae said:

These are our crazies ... and do your cats do this too 😂😂😂 that sound is like a dinner bell

the one on a leash is our only boy (he is mine ❤️IMG_20230520_175507.thumb.jpg.86ee92398b7c7de9d8fd6815d3c1bb58.jpgIMG_20230808_173818.thumb.jpg.732db8a4b0c935980886515df95fc86d.jpg

If I want to give the little cat a treat and not the dieting cat, I have to go to the opposite end of the house and open the package as quietly as I can.  

That will work half the time.  

• Like 1

Today I decided I do not collect vaseline glass dishes.  I had only three before today.  Then this morning I had a chance to buy a large number of matching dishes, which forced me to admit I don't have the room for a dish collection.  

So I still have only three.  

I'll stick with the small items.