Akro Cork Screws? Popeyes??

treetiger

Hey folks,

I have three contenders for Akro I.D. They seem to all be cork screws; but would the 1st be a Prizename? The Shooter has me scratching my head, and the 3rd---Buttermilk cork? Verification would be very helpful. Thank you--

IMG_20231027_181740060.jpg

IMG_20231027_181756914.jpg

IMG_20231027_181812474.jpg

IMG_20231027_181833335marble.jpg

IMG_20231027_181846153.jpg

IMG_20231027_181911668.jpg

IMG_20231027_181924395.jpg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Fire1981 said:

Your Shooter is a Blue Egg Yoke Akro Cork. That’s a Top Shelf Boo Yah marble. Congratulations! Those are VHTF. At least I think so. Take some more pics of that one. Try a little back lightning 🔥

RAR

okay...hold please

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ric said:

The first is a Prizename and the last is a two-color Spiral (Corkscrew). I never heard of a "Buttermilk" Akro. That name is usually associated with a particular type of Vitro.

You are right. I saw it listed earlier and got confused.

• Like 1

Treetiger, very nice examples. Ric is correct, the term "Buttermilk" is by most collectors is a name for Vitro. Now your shooter big Akro i do remember years ago there was a name for that one someone tagged but i do not remember the name. Peltier produced an example with the same color combinations called the "Wolverine". All three of your examples (could have) been in Akros Salesman Sample box but not sure on that.  Chuck G---

9 hours ago, Chuck G said:

Treetiger, very nice examples. Ric is correct, the term "Buttermilk" is by most collectors is a name for Vitro. Now your shooter big Akro i do remember years ago there was a name for that one someone tagged but i do not remember the name. Peltier produced an example with the same color combinations called the "Wolverine". All three of your examples (could have) been in Akros Salesman Sample box but not sure on that.  Chuck G---

Thank you Chuck- I will write down the information that you have shared. As for "Buttermilk", I got confused with the term 'Buttermilk' thinking it was a name used for the milky yellow/white blending- like you can see in buttermilk that you might use for baking. I figured out my mistake(Vitro), and removed the word from the header. Sorry for the mix up---my bad. Best wishes

1 hour ago, Chuck G said:

Treetiger, you are welcome. Always remember when the term is mentioned as "Buttermilk" it is from all i have learned a certain (pattern) of Vitro with this (light yellow) color to it. Chuck G---

Thanks. I found a pic of a Vitro buttermilk on google images and am saving it in my Vitro folder for further study- Best wishes