A New Paul Bunyan?

I have seen quite a few Paul Bunyan mesh bags, the vast majority of them have a questionable paper "Akro note" stapled in with the header. I have noticed that some, but not all, of the bags without the "note" are about 5" long (measured from the bottom seam to the top opening) - longer than the others, which are about 4 1/4" long. In addition, I have never seen one of the longer bags with the "note" attached. This is one of the longer bags and the first Paul Bunyan bag of any type I have seen with a transparent marble in it, and this marble appears to have the same structure as the others. I am wondering if bag length may be a way to distinguish the bags originally filled by Ravenswood from those filled later using marbles from the "dusty bin" mentioned in the "note". Please let me know if you have seen one of the longer bags with the "Akro note" attached, or if you have seen any other Ravenswood Paul Bunyan bag with a transparent marble in it. Thanks!

RicA0143.thumb.jpg.e2416e7ab1cc5c0bf936f49fbe807fbe.jpg

If this is all new to you, I suggest looking here for a recent discussion . . .

• Like 3

On 1/8/2024 at 8:26 PM, Ric said:

I have seen quite a few Paul Bunyan mesh bags

I have seen them—online, the nets. I have never had one in hand.
Soooo- is it a straight up Cleary? 
I have seen many Akro "clearies" that will exhibit the maker from either backlighting or UV light.

The backlighting takes a dark room and an enclosed light that the marble can sit on as does the UV experiment. You can do it through a net—not so easy in a poly bag.
This, believe it or not may me a clue as to who really made these.

I wish you luck Ric,
Marble—On!!

5 minutes ago, Al Oregon said:

No longer bags do I have. Nor any other bags with the transparent type marble.

Thank you, Al. I was hoping you would chime in. The "clearie" in this bag really surprised me.

2 minutes ago, akroorka said:

This, believe it or not may me a clue as to who really made these.

This is what I was thinking too, Art. And yes, that transparent one is a straight up purie - pretty red glass too, but I'm having a tough time getting a good look at the cut lines.

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

but I'm having a tough time getting a good look at the cut lines.

I get you Ric, the staples are way too rusty to open and curiousity always kills the cat---but I know that you would like an answer, just because--:computer-22:.

I for one, support you either way.

Marble--On!!