Lutz? End of cane?

Airducked

"Welcome to marble connection"   :wave2:

No lutz present, not end of cane, end of cane refers to a handmade marble, yours is 100% machine made. Not sure of manufacture but others will chime in w/ a better idea.

Again,

"Welcome"

• Thanks 1

It looks exactly like this one that is selling on old rare marbles for $250. That is why I thought it was special. I have a bunch of marbles I know are old but every time I post on a marble forum I’m told they are all worthless. Not once has anybody said I might have something special. I just don’t get it because when I look stuff up I see ones that look exactly like what I have but mine are worthless. IMG_1711.thumb.jpeg.3e823c70279007747c087723adde9086.jpeg

The pictures I took don’t show it but it has gold and silver streaks. You can kind of see it in the first picture but it definitely has gold and silver streaks.

Edited by Airducked
I meant this as a reply to Chad G

34 minutes ago, Airducked said:

It looks exactly like this one that is selling on old rare marbles for $250. That is why I thought it was special. I have a bunch of marbles I know are old but every time I post on a marble forum I’m told they are all worthless. Not once has anybody said I might have something special. I just don’t get it because when I look stuff up I see ones that look exactly like what I have but mine are worthless. IMG_1711.thumb.jpeg.3e823c70279007747c087723adde9086.jpeg

This one is a German hand made, called a Ribbon lutz, the OP is machine made.

11 hours ago, Airducked said:

This marble is really neat

I agree, pretty neat.
We will probably not be able to identify the maker.
This is a machine made marble with some unintended “pollution”. 
They do show up from time to time in the wild. 
Usually these were picked out and discarded at the factory. Yours was more than likely indeed to be a “Cleary” and I can understand why they missed it at the factory—hard to spot.
Backlight them all and maybe find one or two more in the future.
Pretty neat for sure—a keeper!
Marble—On!!

Most (90%-ish) of my collection, I have discovered is made up of marbles that are hardly worth anything at all. I still love them all and technically have- in hand examples- of what not to buy in the future. Being very much a beginner here, I can understand where you are coming from. Don't loose heart. Enjoy the marbles that you have. If you really want high end valuable marbles, then keep studying-a lot of studying, and stick with this site. You can go to marble shows and buy amazing treasures, or connect with very reputable dealers, like Cedarman and buy on ebay. The world is your marble bag. Pull out a couple and start investigating. Half the fun is finding out what you've got in hand, and then scouring shops and garage sales for marbles that you might like. Even though the marble that you posted isn't what you thought it was, it is still really cool! I've never seen anything like it! Your marble is truly unique and special! Stick with the folks here- best marble support group ever! They will give you their honesty and advice. Rare gifts indeed.

• Award 1