Shakin my head

B-rett66

Ok, I’m narrowing it down to a slag or can it be a lazy corkscrew? But which one? I thought maybe Peltier slag but it’s not feathery enough. An akro slag would be close, but it has a seam. I thought Akro wasn’t supposed to have a seam in slag’s.There again I’m back the Akro corkscrew of some kind. If it’s an Akro corkscrew that’s part of the twist. Then what about Christensen ? Some CAC marble exhibit a 9 and a tail. This one is left handed but the opposite side is sort of a 9 that twist around. Wouldn’t that be cool to have. I know I'm over thinking this but that’s just me. This one is driving me nuts because I can see a lot of different things. What am I missing. What characteristic gives this marble away. Oh yeah, I’m not going to ask if that’s some kinda pontil. See what I mean? IMG_0118.thumb.jpeg.383c9f5c3ffa19bfd0e6c5b50740d7d8.jpeg

IMG_0119.jpeg

IMG_0117.jpeg

IMG_0116.jpeg

IMG_0115.jpeg

IMG_0114.jpeg

IMG_0113.jpeg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, B-rett66 said:

Does Jabo supposed to have a "Orange peel' look up close ? 

There it is Boris64. Found more description on Marble Alan page. Poorly defined turkey head, glows yellow or orange under UV, small hit marks and swirl patterns that form a V or U.  This one has it all.  I've been barkin up the wrong tree again. Hey at least I'm barkin. LOL Thanks Dude.  

Your pics are good. So good you can see the hit marks. Wish I could take pics like that. I tried to take a pic of a clear pelt Christmas tree and it came out like this: can’t really tell what it is

IMG_2585.jpeg

One thing I did is go to a grey back ground. I have an iPhone 14 which is supposed to have a really good camera. Every once in a while, though, I’ll switch over to video mode and take about a one or two second video. Then I have to crop it out. For some reason it’s a little clearer sometimes . I just try to get the best one though. Your picture is pretty good though.

The OP marble does resemble a Vacor Firefighter. However, I'd go with Jabo. The OP marble has swirls that tend towards "milky." I had four Firefighters close to hand, and their swirls tended towards opaque. Whomever made it, it's a cool mib!

I have quite a few Roosters, and the shooter I keep in the jar has quite a bit of hazy white. Admittedly, my sample of Firefighters is pretty small. Their base color is awful close to that of the OP marble.