Real deal or no dice?

If you can't see 'aventurine' with the naked eye in sunlight, it essentially isn't there.  You shouldn't need a microscope to see it.

The pics are out of focus, but I would look at it with care to ensure it isn't buffed.

haEeXf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All 5 show minor play. Mint minus. It seems perhaps when aventurine is added the concentration varies. Here is a pic of a ppp with common green AV. Note at the deep flake how the AV is concentrated near the surface but below it a few thousands of an inch is void of it. I have a few Wigers with just minuscule amounts in the abundant black. Granted there is very little black in these. So very little to see that would contain AV. Not trying to have an argument. I’m still learning and just curious about the mixed nature of AV. It’s possible some glass remains unmixed thoroughly when AV is added. Just speculating. Thank you for taking the time to respond. 

IMG_4251.jpeg

IMG_4254.jpeg

IMG_4255.jpeg

I had considered that they may be ppp with galaxy colors? 2 seams are evident. And a galaxy is supposed to be a Rainbo. Didn’t want to post a ton of pics. But I can show seams if it helps. If not galaxy colors then what is it? Cub Scout colors? Some have that slight purplish tint in the blue. And when I look at verified galaxies I see much variation in the amount of AV. Thanks. 

20 hours ago, GoodLutzifer said:

My eyes are not good anymore

My eyes are shot too--except for marbles--:wub:.

The original post or OP is slightly buffed imho—( it is a Pelt) buffed meaning not quite an original finish—but close.

Your second image is a Peltier—no doubt here.

Too bad about the damage—it s a “Pelt Peerless Patch” –or PPP for sure!

Nice finds!

Marble—On !!

• Like 1

Thank you! I always thought buffed meant with a machine, or “shined by abrasion” I agree they are ppp after I studied last night. Seemingly with blue galaxy colors minus AV. The classic Pelt feathering in the black is nice but void of sparkle. It’s a nice little run of 5 similar mibs from a decent collection. 

I don’t see Pelt lines in first picture (blue galaxy).  Marble looks new in the pictures and who would buff a blue galaxy?   My guesses would be Akro patch, Ppp or Jabo.   My suggestion is for some real answers post another 8-10 pictures of the marble with back light to verify base color. Anxious to be proven wrong and congratulate you on VERY hard to find marble.  

• Like 2