The Largest Gooseberry Ever?

JVVmarbles

Joeren, you did it again! Please tell me where some of these flea markets are. My daughter lives in Brussels. Are there any I should seek out in that area when I visit? And no, I've never heard of one that size. It looks pristine too.

There are big open air flea markets in Brussels. They are on wednesdays and saturdays. Just ask the tourist info when you're there. The Gooseberry is in near mint cond with a just a few small chips and some tiny moons.

I found the huge Gooseberry at the flea market in an original bag of marbles, filled with 24 handmade glass marbles. I paid only $25 for the entire bag! Here's a pic:

goeievangstlaag.jpg

Hi well that is just about the greatest find I have seen in a long time , most of the time there more like look what $2,000 bought .

Do you display your marbles separate or like in this instance as a group ? what ever way I think I have had a DREAM like that once in fact a lot more than once .

Enjoy your great find . Mike

I will enjoy your marbles for a while also .

MVC-703E.JPG

I think that is incredible! but it looks like a cased clambroth,(imho) rather than a gooseberry. I always thought the gooseberries were on an amber to green transparent base. just a thought, but it is totally awesome!! wish I could find something like that in the wild. wow!

Hi well that is just about the greatest find I have seen in a long time , most of the time there more like look what $2,000 bought .

Do you display your marbles separate or like in this instance as a group ? what ever way I think I have had a DREAM like that once in fact a lot more than once .

Enjoy your great find . Mike

I will enjoy your marbles for a while also .

MVC-703E.JPG

Thanks! I was really lucky because the seller at the flea market put the bag closed on his table and nobody but me bothered to have a look inside. When I opened the bag and saw what was inside, my heart jumped out especially when I asked the price for the bag of marbles and the seller said 20 euro's (which is about $25). I put the best ones on display in my cabinet.

I think that is incredible! but it looks like a cased clambroth,(imho) rather than a gooseberry. I always thought the gooseberries were on an amber to green transparent base. just a thought, but it is totally awesome!! wish I could find something like that in the wild. wow!

It's certainly a Gooseberry. It has a dark (cola like) brown base. It looks darker on the pic than it does for real.