The Eagles Have Landed!

Jo217

I noticed someone is selling a broken "Eagles" marble on eBay...a Mike Rowe. If anyone would like any damaged/broken pieces, I'd be happy to ship you some for a very reasonable cost. I have TONS! (well, maybe not TONS, but a whole heck of a lot). There's some heading Joe's (Madmanmarbles) way...can't wait to see what he comes up with!

• 1 year later...

In light of tomorrow night's airing of the Jabo EAGLES run on "Dirty Jobs", I thought it would be fun to resurrect this thread.

Making marbles: Dirty Jobs w/ Mike Rowe...Discovery Channel...Wednesday, December 8th, 2009

Jo mentions 'Wednesday' Dec 8th. It airs Tuesday, Dec. 8th - that's tonight. It may repeat early am on Wednesday the 9th.

Thanks Al! good catch...I must have been having another "blonde" moment!

Tuesday, December 8th!!!

It looked to me that Dave ran a total of maybe four inches of lutz rod during the show, for those of you that were actually on site that day, you should know exactly how much was run, right? But if not, and lutz wasnt used except during the taping, then who's lutz was it? Four inches of lutz would be, what, about fifteen marbles at the most? Which brings up questions to me, did the discovery channel buy the glass for the taping? or was the lutz paid for by them? or was it just Dave doing what he does and trying to get the best marbles made during the show? I guess its a moot point now. This run was done last year and no one seemed to have any questions then, so I hope I am not stirring up the pot. God Bless

Just sat down and watched the end of the show again, dvr is a wonderful thing. :) Man, I laugh my rear off everytime Mike catches his glove on fire! Man, that's good tv! lol They sure didn't run much of the lutz rod during the show, so someone that was there will have to answer the question, how much was run, and did they buy it with the rest of the glass in the beginning. Watching Dave hold that marble at the end, you can tell he is a true marble man. You can see his passion for glass and the love of what he does just watching him hold that one marble. Which in fact, he says that one will be in his private collection. The one marble, not a box full, or a flat full, just the one he said that he would be taking for his private collection. If the investors paid for the lutz, I am sure they got more than one apiece. But I don't think it's too far of a stretch to think that Dave had it and used it for the show. For Dave to take a marble from a run, is so inconsequential. Without Dave, would there have ever been private runs? I think he deserves a lutz marble, especially if it was his four inches of rod. lol

Ok, I'm going back to sleep now. God bless