Shamrock Marbles

Rare Road & Tunnel Slag on Ebay

**Hijacked**

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Akro-Agate-Blue-Base-Oxblood-Swirl-Marble-Size-5-8-Near-Mint-/352202515765?nma=true&si=ET1jkNq07cQq12drv5Cf3PsA8%2BM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

What are the features of a Road and Tunnel? 

ie, long single seam, huge loops off the seam, flow towards the loops, little loop action some where else...?

Anyway, I think I have a few of these type's.  The above auction I think was a Persian Oxblood R&T....

:icon_popcorn:

1 hour ago, William Marbles said:

ie, long single seam, huge loops off the seam, flow towards the loops, little loop action some where else...?

I don't think it needs more than this:

bedfd3c35ba56cc4ed52fa481276899e.jpg

Though with the machine-mades I usually expect to see a flatter seam.  

3 hours ago, William Marbles said:

**Hijacked**

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Akro-Agate-Blue-Base-Oxblood-Swirl-Marble-Size-5-8-Near-Mint-/352202515765?nma=true&si=ET1jkNq07cQq12drv5Cf3PsA8%2BM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Anyway, I think I have a few of these type's.  The above auction I think was a Persian Oxblood R&T....

:icon_popcorn:

No, your marble was a christensen agate with nice tail action!

What Mike said!

But seriously, I say "yes", color on the road.  A distinct road leading up to the tunnel.  However, this is not something I've spent a lot of time pondering.  It just made sense visually and I didn't think about it more.  I'm not expert on the range of variation allowed in this style. And I'm not sure if I even have one.   So I'll bow out now and welcome other opinions.