One Of My Recent Projects

glangley

I was bored the other day and thought I would make something to keep my mind busy. This is what I came up with and it turned out much better than I had thought it would. I don't have any big tools like table saw, band saw or such, they all burned up in my barn fire back in '07. Much of this was done old school which was fine because it took quite awhile to finish and thus it served it's initial purpose. Because it's marble related, I thought i'd show you all and see what you think. Next time I think I will try to use a template of some sort to get the mib holes perfect. Without a drill press, it was hard to keep the holes aligned using a hand drill. God Bless

post-1945-1232679913_thumb.jpg

I haven't tried a Chinese Checker board but im willing to give it a go! :) And I would love to make you one of these Darla, I should get some more material next week. Just need to know what kind of things you like so I can engrave them into the wood in the blank spaces. On this one I used two different leaf patterns and alternated them. So just tell me what kind of things or what style you would like and I'll get to work on it next week if everything goes well. Edna, if you have any good pics of a Chinese Checker board plz send them my way as I would love to try my hand at it. This is the first marble anything I have made and I was pleased with how it turned out. I think a Checker board would be fun also!! :) Much love to you two! God Bless!

That's wonderful, Gary!!! Unless you had mentioned the holes, it would have taken me a long while (if ever) to notice!! I'd call it a nice way to show that it's not done by a machine!!

Carl's got a good point...... ;)

That's so awesome, glad everyone likes it. And just incase you don't know, cause you can't see it in the picture, the board is totally rotatable so you can spin it around as it sits with the installation of a few ball bearing rings and another small piece of wood for the base. Just so you can get a full scope of things while playing! :) Also if you wanted to fill it up with nice mibs and hang it on the wall, you could always spin it from time to time and see what kind of a day you were in for! haha I never thought about selling them but if the interest is there I am willing. :) God Bless all!

P.S. Surgery went well, no idea whats up yet though. They took some biopcies? (not sure if I spelled that right? hunks of me they took out for testing anyway,lol) I hope to hear something back later this week, God willing all good news. Love ya's!

Gary,Judy and I wish you well and pray you recover from this illness.Your board is really cool,I agree with sue .You've made a peice that is immediatley rocognizable as handmade.We all love handmade marbles,there not perfect,thats what gives them character,your marble board has character and a ton of love poured into it.One of the most treasured items I have is a small shelf made by my Grandfather, made and carved by hand .Your pieces will be, and are a treasure to your family,I hope to see more of your work in the future,great job.Keep it up.Bo

Gary,

First and foremost...my thoughts are with you for a quick and easy recovery.

and your board is FANTASTIC!!! good for you!!!

I'd like to be added to the order list, please. Can different images be used to decorate the board?

Beautiful work...thanks for sharing.

Jo

I can decorate it with pretty much anything. Just let me know what kind of things you like and I can easily scribe it into the board as I do it by hand. I will get a firm price on these as soon as I pick up the rest of the things I need. I am open to suggestions on that. Maybe I could just do them for the price of the material's and leave any extra up to the buyer's, kind of like a donation? lol Whatcha think?