From The Wild

orbboy

Boy! Just beautiful!

No idea to what extent the 'dug or not' / 'polished or not' distinctions matter to different people.

Personally I'd be willing to polish anything if I thought I'd like it better, although I'd probably ask my friends here first, just in case it was 'morally wrong'! Cheers, Bob ( :

Can't be morally wrong if they're your marbles and you don't sell them to anybody without telling you polished them. You aren't responisble for what the next person "might" do with them. On the other hand if you knew they were going to pass them off as mint - that would be a different story. Edna

Nice Mib. Not going to ponder on polished this or dug that, but I will say it is quite possible to find a nice marble like that in the wild.

A few years back, a relative (from Canada as well) was kind enough to give me a couple Corks that used to belong to her Mom. I assure you, neither of them would have any interest to add or take away anything to that jar for at least the last 30 years.

Yes, it's possible there were diggers back then too, and some of you might still be here! :D

I want to go diggin!! Maybe we could get a group together this spring or summer and do a little escavating? :) I'd love it I am sure as just wandering around with a metal detector for a bit last summer was awesome and I didn't find anything but pop bottle caps and loads of old nails! lol