The Board Had A Hiccup

LouisCamp

I think all the boards suck these days, its a chat board about mrbles and I never see any marbles being posted anymore, heck the only good things on the boards are the arguments and verbal spats that arise and these are all being taken away. Why does anybody really care?

why does this really matter anyway, expressed opinions are part of the freedom of speech, If a physical threat was made that would be different. I dont think any of you would last out on a large construction site, talk about verbal abuse and animosity, especially when it comes to layoff time. I always thought that collecting,buying selling marbles has been fun, and the boards, when they were Nans, and Alans were a definite addition, but now the boards are about trying to not hurt feelings, like in first grade. I used to love it when Brian Grahm posted, he always had very informative posts, but he dosnt post any more because I guess he rubs people wrong waaaaaaa,

Who all got banned and why??? (Maybe I should read the board more often...I missed the whole thing.)

m!b$, Rick's verison is an extreme simplication of part of something Lou wrote to Galen. Some of the things which were said at MKA reveal a lack of good will toward this board but Lou wouldn't ban anyone simply for something they said at a remote site. Well, I shouldn't say never. Maybe he would if it were bad enough. But obviously there is more to the situation than that.

However, though I still believe that Lou's decisions weren't founded on what anyone said elsewhere, it is interesting to recall that certain things which have been said here have resulted in the banning and/or blocking and/or outright termination of membership of people at Lizzy's board, a board which has the support of Rick, Galen, many of those participating in this thread and most of those posting at MKA.

If I understand correctly, the reason Lizzy gave the one person who enquired about the termination of their membership was something to the effect of: after reading their posts here she didn't think they would want to continue to be a member at her site.

Others of her former members decided not to bother to ask why they were experiencing ongoing computer malfunctions when they attempted to log on over there.

Why is this getting turned around into something of Lizzy's board? That place has zero problems! None!

Kinda weird, huh?

Not weird at all. The principal players on Lizzy's board have been the harshest voices on other boards, but they use their "inside" voices at her board. It's easy for her board to stay nice. The leadership wouldn't dream of doing or allowing what they themselves did here before they left, and continued to do from time to time since Lou kept the door open and allowed them the privilege of posting. They are always on their best behavior over there. If anyone slips, there is a gentle reminder and that's enough. Everyone posting at Lizzy's board wants it to do well. Very easy to keep things nice that way. Even easier now that the people who were most likely to be bored with the restrictions have Scott's board to go to and release their more mischievous urges. lol

You, Derrick, have illustrated how people who play nicely at Lizzy's board sometimes do not show the same consideration here, and even on occasion go out of their way to throw this board off balance.

You are the one who posted the link here to Scott's board at his request. I know the link was posted at Lizzy's, but you know it was done with an entirely different motive. No one was inviting Lizzy's membership to a board where Lizzy's board was being trashed.

You've shown some ambivalence, sometimes being constructive and only sometimes moaning, but there are people who literally only post here to say that it is going downhill. And some have attempted more direct sabotage.

It was that type of damaging behavior Lou alluded to in this part of his message to Galen:

I'm tired of certain people only visiting the board when there is a controversy. That's not marble collecting, it's ambulance chasing.

Scott was blocked from posting after he hijacked two separate threads to attack Kevin. When Kevin sidestepped the first attack and the thread stayed on topic, Scott renewed his attack in the first thread and started a new one in a second. Later Kevin was suspended for responding here in a particularly unsavory way to horrible things which Scott said over there about him, and about Lou and Sue. I do not know the exact reasons anyone else was blocked. But I know Lou had reasons.

It is one thing to disagree about a subject and even to lose one's temper while debating it with passion. It is entirely different to post with a general disdain for the people on the board or maybe even the intent to drag the board down.

And no, I never had a general disdain for the people on the board. Someone is going to say it somewhere, but it isn't so. So don't go there. I had general frustration but not general disdain.

Hey Steph !

You of all people/members are the one who will personal benefit

the most from the recent bannnings. Ironically you have been the one

member who has been involved with almost all the conflicts here on

this Board and you're still here even after your most recent response

in this thread. Dropping names....drawing conclusions based on your

obsevations from lurking on other Boards? Why do you lurk on those

Boards when these are the people that you've obviously had conflicts with ?

To say you haven't.....that would be very hard to believe.

You bring attention to Galen and I and how we have the support on the

other Boards. Are you hoping I too am soon to be banned ??? Should

Mib$...Kirk and Catfish be ban as well ??? The 4 of us share completely

different ideas about Board behavior then you do. You've said I've

gotten "Out of Control" ! I found that rather interesting that you

used the word control when referring to me. Makes me think you yourself

would like to have "CONTROL" over me. Or have someone else do it for you.

You could deny saying that since you choose to speak for Pete. Yet Pete has

never confronted me about being "Out of Control". Ya know what Steph ?

If you think this is a personal attack. It's not. It's my own OPINION of what

I've SEEN take place on The Boards. On a different note. If you HADN'T

mentioned my name in your last responses. I WOULDN'T have brought any of

this to your attention or to the attention of the OTHER Members who are

following this thread.

I would think at this point and time you of all people would reframe from

commenting on the bannings. Why am I commenting ??? The people who have

been banned here since your arrival are the people I do business with. Trade

and buy marbles from....pursue common interests. Both personal and marble

orientated. I'm just glad a few of them have stuck around. And yes...I wish

they had never been banned. It's not a matter of DEFENDING them either.

I'm simply saying what's on MY MIND.

Hey Everyone.....or whoever else might be reading this thread !

With them gone. The information based on the interests of marbles could become

main stream here. Years of experience has been lost. I personally know why most

of the Elders have left. And it wasn't because they lost interest in "The Marble World".

It's too bad. With them around. Newbies are more likely to see EXCEPTIONAL examples

of marbles that aren't in the books and can't be found on the internet. WHY ??? Because

they are stashed away in these private collections and aren't for sale. It's a PRIVILAGE

just to see these collections in person. It's also a privilage to get to see them post a few

pics here on the Board(s). LOL....that's just one example. Knowledge and information ?That will be missed....and has been missing for quite some time. Now most of them are gone. BUMMER !!!

When information or opinions get posted here and are not open for debate. Frustration ?

And frustration leads to conflicts. I was told here that I wanted my interests to be seen

as black and white. Well.....that was their opinion. But...I didn't complain to the Monitors

about it. I could have fought for Black and White. I could have taken that as an attack on

my person but I didn't and I don't care. Ironically that person still believes that that is part of my agenda. OH WELL.......!!!

Am I or anybody else suppose to be accepted here based on popularity ? Or would

it be based on our own interests and information we have based on the marbles we

collect ? Oh.......and of course the marbles we WANT to collect. I've said it before.

If people like me....great. If they don't...too bad. Just like MARBLES !!! Ya like'em...

or ya don't. Everyone picks their own FLAVORS.......and FRIENDS !!! If your LUCKY !!!

RAR

Rick and All;

There is no need to post anymore to this thread.

The people who were banned were given many chances to stay on the board.

Many people who don't post anymore got tired of being attacked, and not just by newbies.

Let it rest.

Lou