Playing With The Camera Today

Hi Barb,

Thank you for the compliment....I have toiled over the years with picture taking, so a good camera is vital...

I currently use an "Olympus" SP-55OUZ. 18X Optical zoom.

It's not everything I desire, but it'll do.........not to mention it's been paid for many times,lol

S~

Hey S- (How do you type one of those diacritical marks, anyway?)

It really is impressive how those small file-size photos are looking so good.

I have an FZ-30 Lumix, which I think is pretty much the same type of camera as the Olympus.

Although I'd like to get something a little better for what we're doing here, it's still pretty darned good as you know, and nothing can beat our zoom range for being ready for anything at any time. The next camera might be an addition, but certainly not a replacement. Bob

P.S. Catfish has nothing on you! Please go back to the old avatar; this one is freaking me out.

P.S. Catfish has nothing on you! Please go back to the old avatar; this one is freaking me out.

I would agree with this statement. Those are fantastic photos S~.

(its easy to make that symbol) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Derrick

♦♣♠○◘•♥☻☺○;☼♦NI•%à3'♥48▼ a'%

my ex taught me years ago and i thought i forgot how but all you gotta do is hold down your "ALT" key and hit the numbers on the keypad to the right,,, buuttt,, that ~ key is above the "Tab" key,,,

nice mibs btw,, nice photos, thanks for sharing,,,bj

Thank you for all the compliments, I really appreciate it.

And thank you Derrick for answering Bob's question....I had no idea what a "diacritical" mark was,lol....I was kinda scratching my head for a sec.

I kinda like my Avatar! lol, but will be changing it soon...I'm not trying to one-up Derricks av, talk about freakin someone out? What exactly is that anyway Derrick?

More pics later........BTW, I use a photo resizer program called "pixer.us". It's free and user-friendly.

S~

I have been looking at buying a canon rebel. What are your thoughts.

Great camera if you understand photography and purchase the right lenses. I have two Canons, the Rebel XTi and the 40D. If you are just wanting to snap photos though, its a little too complicated. Not saying anything bad about you personally, but if you don't have an intrest in learning photography then I would stick with a higher end point and shoot. P&S are more than capable of great photos. Just my thoughts on this.

However, if you are interested in taking fantastic photos of everything (marbles, family, landscapes, etc), then the Canon Rebel is an excellent choice for entry level DSLR. CAUTION: if the photography bug bites you, be prepared for an expensive hobby. For instance, I spent $400+ on a macro lens (it focuses very closely) and another $700 on a flash. These two pieces of equipment were bought mainly to photograph marbles, but the lens is also fantastic for portraits, etc. Another thing to keep in mind is that some post processing of your images is generally required to get the most out of your cameras photos. This means spending some time "tweaking" your pics.

Derrick

Your welcome. I take flowers, birds, animals, just about everything.( my worse so far has been marbles with a borrowed digital ) My ae-1 canon is about 25 years old. It has a zoom, and macro lens, of course none will work on the new cameras of today. :Happy_143: :Happy_143: Someday over the rainbow...................

Let's see. Couple of quick things to add to this if I may.

Reference to Catfish's avatar was because a certain percentage here seemed not to like it. Personally I think it's great.

And I'm not sure if Randy's notes were 'violin music' to my complaint, but that would certainly be reasonable! ( :

¾ ¢ + ½ ¼ ö ±

my ex taught me years ago and i thought i forgot how but all you gotta do is hold down your "ALT" key and hit the numbers on the keypad to the right

All of those symbols can be used in ebay passwords... If your super paranoid about having your password hacked, odds are, this is the answer!!!

But... Beware... I used to use one that reads one way on my keyboard, but is totally different on other computers!! Now that may be SUPER secure... But, if I'm away from home, I can't even get into my own account!!!