Cod Bottle, Who Knows 'em?

SplattmanSS

I picked up a "Victory" cod bottle very cheap at auction last week....I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about the maker...."Victory", clearly embossed around one side of the base..

It still has the rubber gaset inside the neck, no bail or stopper though :(

post-257-1236424784_thumb.jpgpost-257-1236424789_thumb.jpg

post-257-1236424804_thumb.jpg

S~

I was about to link to that page, even before I saw that there was a Victory bottle on it.

Not because I necessarily thought yours was a "fake", but because I bought a codd bottle last year, then found it on that page and wrote the guy whose email address is given on the contact page.

It took a coupla weeks, for which he apologized, but he wrote to tell me that mine isn't "fake" exactly. just newer. Mine was still in use in India, he said.

I think I've posted this before... The bottle shown as contemporary Japanese, is available in the US at some retailers... In New England, Newbury Comics sells Ramune Soda.... It's super sweet!! Maybe even too sweet for someone with a real sweet tooth!!

There's no inscription on the bottle, because it comes with a plastic shrink label....

Ramune Soda

Thank you for all the replies, and especially for the links....I can see now why it went so cheap.. :doh:

Although cees gave me a little hope it might be the real deal, after looking at the links......I think it is probably is a repro....

Thanx again all,

S~