Just An Ordinary Unmarked Box Of Mibs ... Lalalalala

Steph

Well, he would have meant Akro Tri-Colors. But Akro marked their boxes, like so:

1651_12.jpg

Pretty sure this is a Vitro Tri-Lite stock box. I.e., Vienna Vitros. I haven't been keeping all that close a look at box prices. Mostly I window shop and don't check the price tags. lol. but Vitro boxes don't come up anywhere near as often as Akro, and looking at the contents and measuring how fast my pulse is racing, I just have the idea that it would have gone higher if it had been i.d.-ed as Vitro.

170329177104_perty.jpg

yeah I thought Vitro too - but didn't Vitro mark their boxes too?

who made completely plain unmarked boxes?

Haven't heard of Vitro stock boxes from that era being marked.

This is another mere hunch but I'm guessing that perhaps none were. at least not in the 30's. I'm thinking that if they had been marked -- or if many had been marked -- more might have been preserved and info about the style name "tri-lite" might have surfaced earlier in modern times. not to mention the names "du-lite" and "clear-lite".

As I said, that's only a hunch. Don't take it to the bank just yet. Maybe someone else will confirm or correct.

Haven't heard of Vitro stock boxes from that era being marked.

This is another mere hunch but I'm guessing that perhaps none were. at least not in the 30's. I'm thinking that if they had been marked -- or if many had been marked -- more might have been preserved and info about the style name "tri-lite" might have surfaced earlier in modern times. not to mention the names "du-lite" and "clear-lite".

Sounds like a good hunch