Isn't This Vacor, Not Peltier?

m!b$

I have some Vacors, just cuz I like em, even if they are made in Mexico and don't command a huge following. On the ones I have, the red and yellow are fantastically bright and don't touch, well if they do its only one or two points on the mib and they don't follow each other. The blue is a beautiful translucent in spots that lets you see into the mib, just another plus for me. This is a nice mib too but I doubt it's Vacor. God Bless

another point to consider for those who like background ... the rest of their auctions both current and recently completed look vintage. Mixture of quality. Here are the highest dollar auctions I saw in a quick look at their feedback for last month.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=360154759071

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=360148244194

Here's something else which could be fun to consider as the auction ticks down.

Here's what I believe to be an unswirled Vacor. One ribbon of red and one of yellow(ish). (Susan's mib)

Unspun_Vacor_we_think_Susan_sm.jpg

Does anyone have reason to believe that the Vacor version were ever made with more than one red ribbon, plus the yellow?

This one in the auction looks like a different, more pelty structure to me. Here's a pic of a seam from the auction. Wacky, but more pelty than vacor, imHo.

BU4pdrgB2kKGrHgoH-CgEjlLl1Ej9BKPviB.jpg

Here's what I believe to be an unswirled Vacor. One ribbon of red and one of yellow(ish). (Susan's mib)

Does anyone have reason to believe that the Vacor version were ever made with more than one red ribbon, plus the yellow?

This one in the auction looks like a different, more pelty structure to me. Here's a pic of a seam from the auction. Wacky, but more pelty than vacor, imHo.

BU4pdrgB2kKGrHgoH-CgEjlLl1Ej9BKPviB.jpg

hey, Squirt, i like your new avatar. its so cute.

another feature of your mibs, the butt-crack on that kind of marble. :)

Hey M!b$, don't you wish the seller had shown more of that mib?

Here's one more thing to ponder. Well, you were wondering about the colors so I guess this is more for people like me who might still be hung up on the structure. but check out the disappearing tricks the yellow plays on Craig's Blue Galaxy here. And Craig's was only 5/8". A large mib gives more room for goofy things to happen.

Anyway, the seller does accept returns. Maybe in a coupla weeks the feedback will show what the buyer thinks.

I thought the orange and the blue looked Vacorish, together with the large size, 29/32".

Vacors came in:

12mm (1/2") ---- 16mm (5/8") ---- 25mm (1 inch) ---- 35mm (1 1/2") ---- 42mm (1 5/8") and bombing 50mm (2")

Vacor did not make a 7/8" marble that I am aware of - and their sizes did not vary widely - they were pretty standard and round but the bigger Vacors were notorious for annealing folds and airbubbles.

Man - if that was a Vacor Serpent it would be extremely rare....in all my years of collecting selling and packaging Vacors - I have never seen one with ribbons like that....not to say it couldnt be one - I found many many oddities in the bulk packages we bought and sold....and that was always the fun of getting in a new batch....looking for the oddballs.

Duh! That's exactly right 29/32" is indeed a little more than 7/8" not 7/8"-. My point though and I should have mentioned it was that this was not a standard size for Vacor weather 7/8" + or -. I've a lot of Vacor including a couple Guadalahara factory sets + numerous ones supplied to me by Pete at Land of Marbles.....and like them in the main because they have caught on with the kids. You can't resist them; they're like candy! David Chamberlain

• 1 month later...