Newbie Here...

Hello All,

My name is "Gene" aka: the_antique_genie... I just registered today so that makes me the "Newbie" of the site... I hope to be a positive contributer to the site... I am a 61 year young w/male with a love for marbles... Please take it easy on me for the first few days, at least until I get the feel of how thing work here at the "Marble Connection"... Have a good day all...

Hello All,

My name is "Gene" aka: the_antique_genie... I just registered today so that makes me the "Newbie" of the site... I hope to be a positive contributer to the site... I am a 61 year young w/male with a love for marbles... Please take it easy on me for the first few days, at least until I get the feel of how thing work here at the "Marble Connection"... Have a good all...

........................."Gene"...................................

Welcome to the site Gene, nice to have ya :D

Glad to see you joined this site, you will find 99% of the members very helpfull and with a fountain of knowledge, sometimes great and sometimes confusing but none the less fun and freindly, at least Kevin is anyway well sometimes lol ... You know me by my ebay name, iloveglassballs, welcome welcome and oh yeah did i forget to say WELCOME?....Gry

Welcome to the forum.

What type of marbles do you collect?

Where are you from?

I am in Northeastern Illinois, almost on the Wisconsin/Illinois state line less

then 1 mile away from Lake Michigan...

I would have to say Akro's are my soft spot.

I have to do a little testing on posting photo's then I will post some pic's...

Hi Gene,

You might want to consider the Oct. 9-11, 2009 Badger Marble Club Show in Madison, WI. Nothing like a hands-on marble experience to get you off and running. I'm sure you can find specifics about attending at some of the marble boards: contacts, hotel, and such. David

Thank-You David... I just might do that... Madison is only about 2 hours away... I have never been to one of these marble shows, and no idea what to expect... I would feel like the new kid in the class room...

You might even want to come to a meeting, there's one the end of this month.... and all are welcome to attend. There's usually 10 to 20 members show up plus a walk-in or two. It's just a couple minutes north of Madison. Here's the link for the web site.. http://www.badgermarbleclub.com/links.html It's like a mini marble show, so bring some to show, trade, or sell. We have loads of fun!

Bob

Hello Bob & Bill,

I have just spent the last 90 minutes on the Badger Marble Club's web site... Pretty much covered everything there... Seems very interresting... I don't think I can make the next meeting, but I will make it up to Madison in October... It will probably only be for 1 day though... I will be retiring at the end of this November, then I will have all the time in the world... Until then I have to be available 24/7 with a 1 hour call out notice...

Thank you guys for the info... "Gene"

Gene, Thanks for taking over the "newbie" role, I pass the baton to you, though I still feel like a "newbie" in marble land. I joined only about a month ago and already won a marble! Lucky you to be retiring soon... so many marble things to do!

Welcome, Ruth, MyMarbleBuddy

Gene, Thanks for taking over the "newbie" role, I pass the baton to you, though I still feel like a "newbie" in marble land. I joined only about a month ago and already won a marble! Lucky you to be retiring soon... so many marble things to do!

Welcome, Ruth, MyMarbleBuddy

That's really sweet... Thank-You "Ruth"