Horizontal Swirls

I found this amazing horizontal swirl at a junk store today, and I am wondering from whence it came.

It is more oval than spherical, and 100% smooth. (and I hope you like my Josh Simpson and my Shmoo cat, who helps with as many photo ops as she can, but the pic with the cat shows a different aspect of the mib.

post-2312-125280681742_thumb.jpg

post-2312-1252806837_thumb.jpg

post-2312-125280686407_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't think fumed, Steph (based on what's to see in the pics)

This looks very much like one of Richard Clark's (Glassy79) But, the design is pretty basic, so it could be anyone's... It certainly IS contemporary. It's pretty cool!!

OK! I will happily call it "Wound" ... especially since that is a lot more descriptive.

It looks like many many thin strand wound around and around. So.... who may have made it?

I notice Mark Matthews has some that are also this shape, and wound. Is this possibly an early Mark Matthews?

Thanks

ps to Ann .. if you do shake any of those out of your computer, may I have one?

So.... who may have made it?

I notice Mark Matthews has some that are also this shape, and wound. Is this possibly an early Mark Matthews?

No - to the Mark Matthews speculation. I understand why you mention this, but it isn't Mark's work.

I agree with Sue's observation that it bears some similarities to Richard Clark's work - but the odd amount and placement of clear and the egg shape doesn't seem to me something Richard would circulate.

Examples of Richard's work:

IMG_2069.jpg

Based upon appearance alone - I'll speculate that it is someone's early attempt at marble-making.

Yeah, Richard may have sold some whacky patterns, early on... But, I doubt he'd have let "out-of-round" go...

Also... The more I look at that, the more it looks like Boro... Richard works soft...

Hey Alan, will you be at the show in Oct.?

Yeah, Richard may have sold some whacky patterns, early on... But, I doubt he'd have let "out-of-round" go...

Also... The more I look at that, the more it looks like Boro... Richard works soft...

Hey Alan, will you be at the show in Oct.?

I'm hoping so. I received my invitation from Bert today. Quite a hike for me - but I always enjoy that show. Its also handmade territory B)