Ot. My Kennel Makes People Magazine!!!

Scoop

Every Sunday night I spent about 3 hours doing laundry, washing dishes, walking dogs, sweeping and washing kennels at the Salem Animal Rescue League, of Salem NH.

Last week, we made the news!!!

People Pets

Thanks to Katherine Heigl of Grey's Anatomy, 25 Chihuahuas were spared uthanasia and shipped to New Hampshire for adoption. SARL received 5 of these little guys...

I've never been much of a Chihuahua lover... I always thought of them as yippy little rat dogs... But, after meeting 4 of these 5 dogs, my attitude has changed. All of them were in very tough shape. Picked up right off the streets of LA.. The reason I only met 4 was because one had to be cared for in foster by a volunteer who was able to treat it's urgent medical nutritional needs. A couple weren't much more than little skeletons... Yet, they were all very sweet and affectionate. Apparently, there are skads of them put down every day in the LA area.

We're hoping this will be the first of many transports from LA. We've been regularly receiving dogs from Georgia, Mississippi and Kentucky. Most of those dogs are bigger and they are readily adopted. But, we have quite a demand for small dogs. All five of these little pups were adopted in no time at all, with many turned away.

It's wonderful to hold one and feel it lean in close to you and doze in your arms grateful to finally be safe, in a warm soft place, with a full belly. You know you've been a part of saving a life and it feels great!!!

Thanks Katherine!!!

LOL.... There's been a couple I'd love to have, at least, fostered... But, Wally isn't into the idea of strange animals in the house and most of the dogs I've fallen for would probably clash in an ugly way with my chinchilla (mostly pits... which amazed me, when I learned I had a weakness for them... Not what I expected... They are really incredible when you get to know them)

LOL.... There's been a couple I'd love to have, at least, fostered... But, Wally isn't into the idea of strange animals in the house and most of the dogs I've fallen for would probably clash in an ugly way with my chinchilla (mostly pits... which amazed me, when I learned I had a weakness for them... Not what I expected... They are really incredible when you get to know them)

that's a wonderful thing you are doing, so many animals need our help.........jack