Difficult Cat's Eye Question

Was just looking back through Castle & Peterson's cat's-eye book last night after a Bogard discussion with David, so it's fresh in my mind - - - in there, it said only that the ones with transparent vanes (we're talking Japanese cross-thrus, not MKs) are scarcer than the regular ones, and it wasn't clear if the transparency was deliberate or not. Don't know if David can update that or not . . . David?

Was just looking back through Castle & Peterson's cat's-eye book last night after a Bogard discussion with David, so it's fresh in my mind - - - in there, it said only that the ones with transparent vanes (we're talking Japanese cross-thrus, not MKs) are scarcer than the regular ones, and it wasn't clear if the transparency was deliberate or not. Don't know if David can update that or not . . . David?

thanks ann for looking, i guess my vote is deliberate

Going to have to ask someone who knows glass but wasn't it lucky that it happened. Sure adds a whole new dimension to some of those relatively less than exciting cat's-eye marbles. You have to understand, there are cat's-eye marbles and there are cat's-eye marbles. There are some astounding collections of cat's-eyes out there. Patry knew cat's-eyes. Pinx most definitely does. I pride myself on at least having respect for them. A lot of people still haven't caught up with what has been created in the area of cat's-eyes and it amazes me. Oh well, that's fine; it's kind of neat to still be a comer!

I haven't talked with Rolf Wald in a while and I really need to. I'll ask him. Busy week. Couple doll functions that I've actually had to prepare for.

I swear, there is no canned Pumpkin in Albuquerque and I think the problem is state wide. According to Smith's/Krogers they have none in the entire state. I checked Costco, Whole Foods and Albertson's and they were out as well. It's an ingredient in the dogs mix. Might wind up ordering some from out-of-state!

David