Wv Swirls With White Bases?

Steph

Bo's mibs in the ID section now have me wondering what rules of thumb there might be for brightness in the white bases of various makers. (His look sorta bright to me.)

If Bo put his side by side with other swirls and the white popped out as fairly bright in comparison with the others, would that tell him anything?

If you have thought about this, what have you concluded?

It is rather a fine line of distinction but I cannot see it for being definitive in any way as a method of general IDing. I'm not pooh-poohing the idea I just don't see it as universally applicable. It might say something about a particular run but beyond that I don't see it as a working proposition. David

I have wondered the same thing Steph. I have lots of white based mibs and (to my eyes) there appears to be a difference in the whites. Some companies marbles just appear to have a cleaner brighter whiter white look. Maybe on cleaning day some glass companies just forgot to add the bleach? LOL

Same goes for clear based marbles too right? Some marbles have dirty looking not-so-clear debris filled glass and others have super clean, clear, and bright glass. But then what do I know.

in most cases, the white-white base usually indicates

the glass was a batch mix. no cullet. that's what i usually get from seeing pure white. not really a sure-fire indicator of specific maker to me. bill