How Do Sellers Like This???

Are all worth their weight in gold?

Absolutely not, but some of those are for sure! Very nice NLR's IMO. The GR has a hit/blemish so I'll bet it won't get a bid.

The Bronze Zebra is tempting but I'd need to see it in hand before handing over $700.

The finest examples of any collectible, in my experience, do not suffer the usual consequences of a recession. The seller will do well with these examples.

One need only look at the Christie's Hong Kong Jadeite auctions last year and this year to see what I am talking about. Millions were paid for a single green bauble. One strand of beads alone fetched over 15 Million! Got any Imperial Jadeite to sell? Don't lose your marbles.

Some of the marbles already have a bid.

First off its a $60 start not $600 and let me tell you first hand - it really effin sucks to have a $60 marble sell for $20 bucks because you didn't want to pay Epay's fricken outrageous fees for starting a listing at $60 and having them collect wether it sells or not. If you start a listing at 9.99 it costs 50 cents - with a store - its 25 cents - if you start a listing at $60 it costs $1 per listing and that money is kept by Epay even if the item goes full duration without a bid.

Kick in a reserve price - thats $2.00 and a Buy It Now price and you are over $3 per listing. NO REFUNDS!

The seller is taking ALL the risks

I think high opening bids affect the seller in that they more often than not keep the marble from selling. Look how long Blocks marbles stay listed.

Uhhh I think there might be other reasons Blocks marbles just sit there - I mean when it takes over 30 days for your purchase to arrive it kinda puts a damper on your desire to buy again....and other less obvious reasons.

Quality photos - size and condition of the marble all affect the sale IMO

the description is just along for the ride and can be fun or disinteresting either way.

Collectors want the one size that they don't already have (usually bigger) and they want MINT marbles for the most part.

and the seller has to be reputable of course - that helps.

First off its a $60 start not $600 and let me tell you first hand - it really effin sucks to have a $60 marble sell for $20 bucks because you didn't want to pay Epay's fricken outrageous fees for starting a listing at $60 and having them collect wether it sells or not. If you start a listing at 9.99 it costs 50 cents - with a store - its 25 cents - if you start a listing at $60 it costs $1 per listing and that money is kept by Epay even if the item goes full duration without a bid.

Kick in a reserve price - thats $2.00 and a Buy It Now price and you are over $3 per listing. NO REFUNDS!

The seller is taking ALL the risks

Ahem!

I was refering to this auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/MINT-PELTIER-NLR-MILLER-SPIDERMAN-3-4-MARBLE-/320558801401?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Marbles&hash=item4aa2cb21f9

not your's. As you can see the starting bid is $600.00.

Your concern for a low return on a High End mib.

Is why I quit selling on ebay.

I feel your pain!

Thanks

marblemiser

I think high opening bids affect the seller in that they more often than not keep the marble from selling . . .

I agree with Galen . . . (what!??)

I'm just a buyer, not a seller, and the highest-end marbles are way beyond my price range, but - - but usually a high start price will put me off. Even if I wouldn't mind paying MORE than that for the marble. I'm happy enough starting bidding at $9.99 or whatever and eventually paying $90 for it. But if the starting price was $60 I might not have gone for it at all. Go figure. It's psychological, and I'm aware of it, but there it is . . .

Ahem!

I was refering to this auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/MINT-PELTIER-NLR-MILLER-SPIDERMAN-3-4-MARBLE-/320558801401?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Marbles&hash=item4aa2cb21f9

not your's. As you can see the starting bid is $600.00.

Your concern for a low return on a High End mib.

Is why I quit selling on ebay.

I feel your pain!

Thanks

marblemiser

Oh Okay - I didn't think you were referring to my starting bid - the link you originally gave sent us to his store and the first marble on the block was a $60 Rebel - I didn't scroll down to see the $600 listing.

I do know that cost him an arm and a leg for the listing fee. It might be a typo that he did not catch yet - when he gets the bill after it doesn't sell he will be pissed at himself and when Epay won't refund their Exorbitant fee - he will really be pissed! LOL

MP always started his marbles at .99 so the "little" guy had a chance and always got in the hundreds for his marbles. Marblealan always starts his at 9.99 and look at the prices he gets. just make sure you know what you're talking about. if you ask that much you better make sure its worth that much.

Marie

• 3 weeks later...

MP always started his marbles at .99 so the "little" guy had a chance and always got in the hundreds for his marbles. Marblealan always starts his at 9.99 and look at the prices he gets. just make sure you know what you're talking about. if you ask that much you better make sure its worth that much.

Marie

Yeah - well I started my auction at $9.99 so the little guy got my $75 christmas tree for 20 bucks and that sucks! I don't have the following or the quality of selection that Marble Alan has - so I cannot compete by listing a marble starting that low and "hope" I get my investment $ back. I am really not interested in making a profit on my listings - I am just desiring pass my collection along to those who will continue to enjoy them - buy EPAY makes it really hard!!! I feel for all sellers!