Peltier And 'the Men From The Boys'

I'm having trouble seeing that one as a Superboy.

Oh sheesh, I didn't want to jump in on this one, and there I dun it. I just wanted to watch a superman-supoerboy thread for once. Darn. Well, I went awhile! LOL

Back to observer now. :character-smileys-238:

I'm having trouble seeing that one as a Superboy.

Oh sheesh, I didn't want to jump in on this one, and there I dun it. I just wanted to watch a superman-supoerboy thread for once. Darn. Well, I went awhile! LOL

Back to observer now. :character-smileys-238:

Exactly! Where is crossing the line?

Roger, the last time this came up, I made the mistake of saying, "It doesn't matter..."

(I'm not sure... But, I think that was the basis of your signature comment??)

Maybe this time I can say it better and explain what I meant....

I don't think there's any way of forcing it to be cut & dried. Just with the few people we have in this thread, there are varied opinions... Honestly, I can't remember the stand I took before (if I took one at all...) I just don't think there's any way we can stop people from having these varied opinions... Like the comment, "Depends on whether your buying or selling...." The fine line is going to move around...

So.... What I meant was... In the end, the name doesn't really matter...

The marble itself will either "Float the Boat," or it won't...

Alan may call that marble a Superboy.... Personally, I don't see it. It sure looks like a Spiderman to me... Too much orange?? OK, a jaundiced Spiderman...

It just doesn't look at all like what I'm thinking of when I think of a Superboy...

Someone else may say it's just not the right color for a Spiderman...

Whose right? Both? or neither? Does it matter?

I just can't see the buyer paying more for it based on the name. That marble is what it is...

You can call it a Superboy, a Spiderman or "Jaundiced George." That's what doesn't matter... It's not going to get more money because it's called a Superboy...

It may get more hits due to the key search word... In that respect, it may get more attention and sell better... But, I don't think a collector who is searching for a really nice Superboy is gonna jump all over that, just because of what it's called....

Does that make sense of what we couldn't make sense of before?? :blink:

You're exactly right. Doesn't matter what you call it, but in this case it won't hurt to start at the top. It will still sell based on eye appeal. I usually deal with these in person and at the shows and the buyers will tell me if they disagree on the ID.

But yes Sue, I do understand you much better thank you.

:jumping-1020: