Finally Saw What An End Of Day Marble Looks Like

Bob Block started calling any onionskin that the colors did not stretch from pontil to pontil EODs. They are not in any way whatsoever. I used to have a major antique paperweight collection and there were several End of Day weights in it. They were clear glass filled with small broken pieces of colored canes latticinio canes milliflores and lots of other small broken pieces of glass. In onionskins when the colors were blotches instead of full lines I guess it reminded folks of broken pieces so they started getting the EOD handle. It is actually not used much with marbles any more. (Thank goodness)

Bob Block started calling any onionskin that the colors did not stretch from pontil to pontil EODs. They are not in any way whatsoever. I used to have a major antique paperweight collection and there were several End of Day weights in it. They were clear glass filled with small broken pieces of colored canes latticinio canes milliflores and lots of other small broken pieces of glass. In onionskins when the colors were blotches instead of full lines I guess it reminded folks of broken pieces so they started getting the EOD handle. It is actually not used much with marbles any more. (Thank goodness)

I understand the concept of onionskins as in 'Shrek' but I can not visualize what they mean in a marble even though I have looked at lots of of pictures very frustrating. End of day the same lots of pictures no good idea what constitutes either of these types...Nancy

So now I think I'm seeing things.. I went back to look at the pictures of the marbles after reading your very good description. While looking at th last picture (in post # 2) the biggest picture I see what appear to be whole marbles under the glass. I've circled the most obvious marble like shapes. Is that even possible or am I hallucinating? I guess hallucinating for free could be cool, but does anyone else see what I'm talking about? I may need to step away from the computer...Nancy

post-2751-129306104606_thumb.jpg